SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've googled and searched the forum and feel dumb but can't find a diagram, where are they located? I'm getting a P0130 which is O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1).

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
On the downpipe, or to be more specific and depending on your VIN they are either immediately after the turbo sticking up vertically and after the cat or down by the oil filter (sticking out horizontally) and again after the cat. The connectors are up on the firewall/drivers side corner of the head in a little bracket shared with the temp sensor.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the downpipe, or to be more specific and depending on your VIN they are either immediately after the turbo sticking up vertically and after the cat or down by the oil filter (sticking out horizontally) and again after the cat. The connectors are up on the firewall/drivers side corner of the head in a little bracket shared with the temp sensor.

Unfortunately I don't know much about engines which is why I need a diagram, it sounds like there is more then 1 sensor so I need to find the one having the issue which a diagram would point out.

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
1999 was a transitional year for the 9-3, which is why one of the previous posters mentioned needing your VIN and the location of the sensors differing depending on that. Since your problem is with sensor 1 (these cars have two sensors, but only one bank), find the downpipe (it connects to the turbo on the driver's side of the car), and follow it down. The first O2 sensor you come across is the one that's giving you problems. It's obvious when you find the sensor, since it's a big metal thing screwed into the side of the exhaust pipe with a large wire loom coming out of it. Also keep in mind that there are lots of things that can trip an O2 sensor code, so it may not be the sensor itself.

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
Sensor 1 is always the one before the cat converter.

You may have to pull the heat shield form the turbo, if your car has one. The sensor will be sticking out of the exhaust pipe somewhere below the turbo. There will be a few wires running coming out of its end, which will likely go up to the front and then left side of the engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts