SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already searched -

Looking an 9-3 SC and would like to know when it is recommended to change the fluid in the auto trans.

Thanks
jake

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
MY '03 it was 90,000 mi. then changed to 60,000 in '04 or '05 and issued a bulletin to dealers to recommend the '03's as well.

The 6 speed starting with the V6 in '06 was 60,000 mi. as well. The valve bodies in the 6 speed have had some issues so more frequent changing is a good idea.
Some 5 speeds have had valve body issues too but fortunately in both 5 an and 6 speed they are relatively cheap to replace.

So bottom line change your fluid every 30,000 mi. It costs a bit more than a synthetic oil change and cheap insurance.

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
I changed mine at 60k. I would just go ahead and get it done when you buy it. Change all the fluids while you're at it because you never know how the car was treated.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ditto on changing the fluid when you buy it.

I did two drains and refills at 30,000. It's easy to do yourself and relatively cheap.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I thought it was every 60k until I was told its recommended to do every 20k, my car only got 50k but feels a bit sluggish, will change it very soon, already did on one of my 9-5's which has 150k and wow what a difference! Car would take couple secs to change gear from R to D. Now it's almost instant, and when you do hard accelerations it's very smooth, and noticed better economy, was getting about 900km on one tank, now get 1058km on one tank, so noticed an improvement on efficiency too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts