SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,081 Posts
You need to be more specific.

NG900, OG9-3, NG9-3, and OG9-5 all have the same bolt circle and hub diameter, so rims from one will bolt up fine on any one of those*. However the offset can vary.

NG900, OG9-3 and OG9-5 rims are, as far as I know, interchangeable. Certainly the 16" ones are the same offset.

NG9-3 used a different offset than the OG9-5/OG9-3 on the 16" wheels. I think the difference was less in 17" sizes.

NG9-5 rims don't interchange with any other Saab models as far as I know.

*Assuming the rims are big enough to clear the brakes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
backspacing.. thats another story. I am trying to find an alternative to viggen rims. Does any one know the backspacing of viggen rims? I might have to post in the OG9-3 forum...

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
You can approximately calculate the backspace... it's equal to offset + (wheel width)/2 …. If a wheel is +40mm offset and a 7" wide wheel, backspace is 40 + 177.8/2 = 128.9mm or approximately 5". It's not precise since the spec "wheel width" isn't quite the actual width of the wheel, but it's pretty close.

·
Registered
17,263 Posts
backspacing.. thats another story. I am trying to find an alternative to viggen rims. Does any one know the backspacing of viggen rims? I might have to post in the OG9-3 forum...
OG 9-3: 16"x6.5" wheels had 49mm offset. 17" x 7" wheels had 45 offset. VIggen wheels were 17"x7.5" and had 42 offset.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts