SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have an '06 9-3 aero sc and recently its been giving me some bumpy trouble. Once I get above 65 mph the steering wheel and the car starts to shake. Someone proposed to me that it was a wheel weight that could have fallen off of one of the front wheels, causing an imbalance. Does anyone know if there are wheel weights on the stock aero 5 spokes? If so where are they located on the wheel? and also where would be a good place to purchase a replacement weight? Thanks.:eek:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It might even be the suspension im thinking.. has anyone had this problem??

·
Registered
980 Posts
Wheel weights are put on when the wheel/tire assembly is dynamically balanced. Also known as spin-balancing this is usually done with the wheel off the car and mounted on a balancing machine. It can also be done on the car by a limited number of shops with a Hunter Road-Force type machine. The weights are usually clipped (more like hammered) on around the rim on one or both sides as needed. There are also self-adhesive weights that can be put elsewhere on the wheel. The best thing you can do is to have at least the front wheels rebalanced. Probably about $30 for two wheels at NTB or similar.

·
Registered
173 Posts
How do your tires look? Are they wearing out evenly? When was the last time you rotated and aligned them?

Also, what speed rating are your tires? Crappy H-rated and below tires will get your car vibrating at high freeway speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts