SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That old chestnut again I'm afraid. Currently have 15" 5.5 aeros on T16S that need refurbishing. They're fitted with factory recommended 195/60 tyres. Am toying with idea of buting new 16" rims with 205/50 tyres which won't affect gearing (almost). Anyone tried this route or are aware if 16" wheels were option on '93 turbos? I've seen the 9000 aero wheels which are very similar,but 16", but not sure about stud pattern, offset or rim width?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I think the super aeros fitted to early 9000's with the four stud fitting have the same pcd as a 88on 900, they are 6.5inches in width and will take a 205 tyre fine.
If you find somewhere selling these cheap secondhand plese let me know as i want a set also
Pete.

·
Registered
174 Posts
On a similar note...
my t16 has 205's on 15" alloy's. No-one else seems to have this combo, is it normal? Also, anyone know where I can get a replacement locking wheel nut set?

Thanks, John.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Paul,

If you decide to refurbish your existing rims, try a random-orbit sander & Pyrmo aluminium wheel filler for any minor graze marks, etc. The original wheel colour is 7PC4B (ICI paints reference #).

Drew

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drewbedelph on Nov 16, 2001 1:08pm ]</font>

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
205/50/16s will fit no problem. Depending on rear springs there may be some rubbing at the rear, can be cured using the bump stops from a late model C900 or the convertible.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Theres an interesting article in this months Revs (well someones got to read it) comparing tyre widths of different makes of tyres. All tyres chosen were 205/40/17s (as desired by the baseball capped drivers of Novas), and there was a 20mm difference in the width of the treads between the narrowest and widest tyres! This can make a huge difference in whether the tyres fit or not.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm running BF Goodrich Comp T/A's (205/15), no problem with rubbing but they are American compound tyres so they wont last all that long for the money. Reckon I might settle for 195's next, I hear there are some reasonably priced ones at Eurocarparts and the like.
Can you refurbish your own alloy's painlessly? I saw the above post with the pic but I heard they need treating chemically too.

John.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts