SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys

As some of you might know I have the Saab 95 Aero wheels (klingons....) on my '98 93 SE Sport.
I am looking to widen the track of the car a bit ... make it look a bit "beefier" I have found some aluminim spacer rings on eBay they come as 5mm, 7mm, 10mm or 20mm has anyone tried anything similar?

Will I have to change the wheel nuts as well?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Noone? :(

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
If it was me, I would measure the gap between the tire and the fender and use a spacer that was slightly less. The width of the spacer will determine the increased length of the wheel bolts. I would also check to see if the longer bolts are available before buying the spacers... Ron

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was me, I would measure the gap between the tire and the fender and use a spacer that was slightly less. The width of the spacer will determine the increased length of the wheel bolts. I would also check to see if the longer bolts are available before buying the spacers... Ron
I suppose that is the first step to go ... need to find something to make a vertical line from the tyre sidewall upwards... and then measure outwards to the fender.

·
Registered
18,932 Posts
I suppose that is the first step to go ... need to find something to make a vertical line from the tyre sidewall upwards... and then measure outwards to the fender.
Don't forget that the body leans and might get closer.

If you google this forum for "spacer" you can find some threads where people use them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts