SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few threads on this but i could find any. I'm about to buy some wheel spacers. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what size bolts i need to buy. Im buying 5mm for the front and 15mm for the rear. Or do they spacers simply come with the bolts? (and does anywhere know of a place that has lower prices on them?)

5mm Wheel Spacer

15mm Wheel Spacers

·
Super Moderator
9,678 Posts
search in the mods & tuning section..i just searched in there for "spacers" came up with 4 pages..

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well check here I talk about this in my thread...

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183549

I suggest you 15-16mm front and 20mm rear (im lowered and not rubbing )

The one I buy cam with the longer studs and cost me 200$ cdn in total (in montreal at a place named grand-prix)

5mm its kind of a waste in my opinion because it wont do a big difference

i think i may do that. Glowing, are you lowered on Megan's? i run 235/40/18. I just want to make sure i wont rub. your car looks great with the 15-16mm front and 20 rear.

·
Registered
691 Posts
i think i may do that. Glowing, are you lowered on Megan's? i run 235/40/18. I just want to make sure i wont rub. your car looks great with the 15-16mm front and 20 rear.
Yes i have the megan springs..
I have the 225-45-17 tire on the oem aero wheel...

I still have a little place until it could rub on the fender if I hit a big bump si 20mm maybe could be really tight fit if you have larger tire then me..

I went with a ''safe'' setup in my case and use 16mm front and 20mm rear and its perfect for me

rear:

Front:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think im gunna try the 5 and 15 since my wheels are about half an inch wider than yours. I think its the "safe" setup for me haha.

·
Registered
691 Posts
ill be more 10 - 15

The way its to take a rule and mesure it.. and remember that the tire dont go perpendiculary from the grond.. it have a little angle so when you it a bump its follow a trajectory like this /

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill be more 10 - 15

The way its to take a rule and mesure it.. and remember that the tire dont go perpendiculary from the grond.. it have a little angle so when you it a bump its follow a trajectory like this /
thanks for that. im going to measure in the morning and place an order. I cannot find 10mm spacers. id love to go 10mm front, 15mm rear.

anyone stumble across 10mm?

·
Registered
691 Posts
try a lot of performance shop and check if they can have 5x110 spacer 10mm for saab... im sure its possible to find some

·
Registered
707 Posts
My own experience with Turbo X (with its slightly different geometry):

Went for 15 mm at rear only (after one X driver complained to me in a PM of some vibration when he put them on the front). But after talking with some others who have put 15 mm at the front (and reporting nothing untoward) just purchased another pair from Livermore (lpiracing.com) to place on front. The general wisdom (for the front wheel drivers anyways) is you want to at least maintain the stock proportions of the track front to rear (or widen even more at the front) to minimize understeer.

My order from Livermore (including part numbers) below:

HR 1254001 10 H&R Wheel Bolt, 12x1.5 - 40mm, Tapered $3.95 $ 39.50T

HR 3045650 1 Pair H&R 15mm Wheel Spacer, Saab 9-3 &
9-5,5/110, 65mm $ 95.00 $ 95.00T

C.B., 12x1.5 Bolt

+ S&H Shipping cost for delivery

Best to call them to place the order: They're very knowledgeable and delivery only 10 days (to Canada even).

·
Registered
691 Posts
agree with the proportion but i dont follow it.. 4mm wider on the back but to be honest I cant really saw a difference about understeer.. i took curve really fast and car react well..

Vibration problem is often due to poor quality spacer or wheel not tighten well

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
anyone able to find a 10mm spacer. Ive been searching the internet for an hour and ive turned up with nothing.

Im going to go 10mm front 15mm rear. Im not good at this, what size bolts do i get?

If i can't find the 10mm, im going to order 5mm. so i really hope i'll find 10mm.

edit: according to H&R's website they dont make a 10mm for our cars. Looks like im going with the 5mm front and 15mm rear. Now what size bolts do i get?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
any idea on the size of the stock bolts?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes^

I have a new set of Gorilla bolts iirc, 37mm bolts, the type that require a lug adaptor. I've deen toying with the idea of 12mm spacers, the universal type in 5x110, 112, 114. Very inexpensive, but not hub centric. Still, they should center up fine and not cause any problems with vibration, etc. If I didn't already have the $50 set of bolts, I'd just go with the H&R centric spacers/bolts.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
63 Posts
rcsummers,

i do have 10mm spaces on the front and am in the process of tracking down some more for the rear...i believe (not sure, couple years ago) that i ordered them through Turner Motorsports. They are TUV-certified H&R trak+ (and i know they are not listed on the website-the tag on the box says "DR-System, 10mm, Opel/Saab")

like i said, i am trying to track down some more...do you want me to let you know what i find in the next couple days...ill be more than glad to pass on the information if it could help you

mc

1 - 19 of 19 Posts