SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, anyone have an idea what it costs to get an Alloy wheel reconditioned? I've e-mailed and called a couple of places in my area but they haven't responded yet. Just picked up a new rim today but want to get the bent one refurbed followed by the one with the curb rash. Gettin some new rubber monday (Bridgestone RE960AS), Figure I'll get the rims back in shape too.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had mone redone for like 150 eachthey did a great job and were 100 cheaper than anywhere else.. They even do shipping because I know you arent local. I give them 3 thumbs up though..

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
In some cases in no less expensive to get a new rim although I have no idea what the Saab oem rims go for.

And btw JonV those Bridgestones are definitely THE BEST all season high performance tire available for our 9-3's.(although pricey):cool:

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cosmicflash said:
In some cases in no less expensive to get a new rim although I have no idea what the Saab oem rims go for.

And btw JonV those Bridgestones are definitely THE BEST all season high performance tire available for our 9-3's.(although pricey):cool:

159.95 ea Mounted & Computer balancing.

A rim from the Dealer was 260 (279 on the Saab USA Website)

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arckeymolarkey said:
I had mone redone for like 150 eachthey did a great job and were 100 cheaper than anywhere else.. They even do shipping because I know you arent local. I give them 3 thumbs up though..
But you didn't say who??

·
Registered
407 Posts
so if you were to get all 4 wheels refinished..it would come to be around 600 bucks? cant you buy new rims with that amount?

·
Registered
49 Posts
JonV said:
Hey guys, anyone have an idea what it costs to get an Alloy wheel reconditioned? I've e-mailed and called a couple of places in my area but they haven't responded yet. Just picked up a new rim today but want to get the bent one refurbed followed by the one with the curb rash. Gettin some new rubber monday (Bridgestone RE960AS), Figure I'll get the rims back in shape too.
A couple years ago I used a place called Wheel Collision out in Bath PA. They straightened out all four of my rims for *about* $90 per tire. The charge was dependant on how bad the rim was out of round. I brought four new tires, in order to fix the rims, they had to dismount/remount and balance the rubber anyway.

www.wheelcollision.com

I will definitely go back to them when the time comes.

Chris

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I have read some good reviews about mobilewheelrepair.com. They have branches all over the US and Canada. I had a quote to fix one of my wheels for $ 90 CAD. Anything over 100 is too pricey in my opinion.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good Points made about pricing, 6-700 gets four nice ones....I'm going to try to get two rims reworked at 125 ea or so, I did get one new rim from the dealer. I guess it can't hurt to have an extra Rim.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Update: I had found Mobilwheelrepair on a websearch and tried three area franchises, two didn't call back or respond to email, the third referred me to someone else who didn't call back. Another area place didn't call back either.

I just spent some time on the phone with Ina (thanks Arkey) at Rim & Wheelworks. ( http://rimandwheelworks.com/ )150 to fix dent, roadrash and refinish with the "Deep Silversparkle" factory finish. 8 bucks to get it shipped back.

They also sell reconditioned for those who need.

Thanks for the Links & PM's guys.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone today, I was sitting at a traffic light up in Middlesex County today behind a Wheel Collision delivery van. When I used them, I drove out there (just in PA off of Rt. 78). Aparantly they now have pick-up and delivery service. I just thought it was quite a coincidence. Anyway, good luck wherever you go.

Chris

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The guys in Bath, Pa.? I was PM'd about them. I doubt they'll do a pickup in Northern NJ. 200 miles RT aint quite local.

·
Registered
49 Posts
JonV said:
The guys in Bath, Pa.? I was PM'd about them. I doubt they'll do a pickup in Northern NJ. 200 miles RT aint quite local.
Piscataway NJ isn't local either. I think your right, they probably won't come out for just your rims. I would have to assume they have a route they run. Regardless, good luck with whoever you go with.

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts