SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a tough time deciding between these two. Both are from TSW. Should I go with 17 or 18. In the picture they appear to be black and white, the black part is called "hyper black" anyone know anything about this.

#!

X

·
0 Posts
Wheel one for me. When I looked at 18" the problem was with the cost of replacement tyres, a big difference between 17 & 18 :x

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'll vote for the second one as well.

As for 17" v. 18".

Depends on what the roads are like where you drive, i.e potholes etc, and also how strong the wheels are. If the alloy is on the soft side (more than likely if they are 'style' wheels and not made of motorsport grade materials) don't go 18" as the chances of rim buckling will be greater.
And as Finn says the cost of 18" tyres are 30% more than 17".

I've got 18"s which I put on for the summer months only, then put the 17"s back on for the winter months.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. I am thinking 17 will be just fine, good points on tire replacement, havn't thought of that.

So is hyper black, black or more of a grey color?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Sorry to be a stick in the mud, but both wheels are of the variety that ricers favour at the moment. But hey don't let that dissuade you, its your car and your choice. :cool:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Kermit said:
Sorry to be a stick in the mud, but both wheels are of the variety that ricers favour at the moment. But hey don't let that dissuade you, its your car and your choice. :cool:
Kermi that is not true (well at least for #2:lol: )! If you want some ricer rims, check these out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7980556432&category=43957&sspagename=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7980914362&category=43958&sspagename=WDVW

#2 is a very nice looking wheel that is very fitting to the 9-5's styling cues.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I vote for number two. 18s on a 9-5 is perfect.

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Max, you're not keeping up with ricer trends. :roll: Chrome and spinners are on their way out. The latest "in" thing for wheels is chrome rims with coloured centres, or coloured rims with chrome centres. Check out any of the Jap cars offered by Veilside or Wings West (which all ricers recognise as their god), and you will notice they've junked the bling in favour of coloured rims. :(

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
ricot83 said:
r either of those wheels 5x110???
Yep the Ferrari in the pic is definately using Vectra hubs just like our 9-5's :p :p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts