SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
A wheel or rim from 1987 won't fit a 1991 as they are two different hub configurations. For your 1992 900 you need to look at rims from 1988 onwards as the hub set up used is the same as the MY9000 as those years. You can also fit the 16" super aero or 16" aero rim with polished lip that were found on the 9000MY.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A wheel or rim from 1987 won't fit a 1991 as they are two different hub configurations. For your 1992 900 you need to look at rims from 1988 onwards as the hub set up used is the same as the MY9000 as those years. You can also fit the 16" super aero or 16" aero rim with polished lip that were found on the 9000MY.

I see, i think you may have sparked something. How difficult would it be to modify the hub to a newer one?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Basically any C900 with a rear handbrake will fit if the wheel originally came from a rear handbrake model and vice versa

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
you need the whole rear axle obviously + the entire front spindles

you can tell early stud pattern from late stud pattern - the early ones don't have a guide pin for the rim and use lug nut instead of lug bolts as the later ones use.

the later style brake pads are slightly more expensive, and rotors significantly more IIRC.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
only ever saw those stainless steel 'Pepperpot' trims on the 87 onwards cars though, so the wheels they were on should fit your car,(as I have a set, lol, but I thought they set the 900 car off from any other car wheel trim)
but as S900t8v says if it has the pin(hole) it will fit yours

1 - 10 of 10 Posts