SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw online a bunch of websites saying the 1/4 in the 15s range and the 60s in the 6-7 sec range. Does anybody have an exact record of what they got? I also found on a drag times website that the Arc with 210 hp gets nearly the same time as the linear with 175 hp. These numbers cant be right. :/

·
Super Moderator
18,987 Posts
Auto or manual? Manual's were quicker. An auto 2.0T would be hard pressed to get into the 6s. I'd say high 7s with manual getting low 7s. These car's aren't quick stock and FWD means not a 0-60 car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto or manual? Manual's were quicker. An auto 2.0T would be hard pressed to get into the 6s. I'd say high 7s with manual getting low 7s. These car's aren't quick stock and FWD means not a 0-60 car.
Mines an auto and it feels VERY quick. Never did a 0-60 but I wouldnt br surprised if it did 6 seconds.

·
Super Moderator
18,987 Posts
It could be tuned. Tuned ones in this cool weather? Sure, I could see it tickling the 6s. The "it feels quick" feeling is because it has a tiny TD04-14T turbo that spools well. Peak torque is like 2500rpm, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not talking about the spooling turbo. It picks up speed very quick. I doubt its tuned. I bought it from a used car dealer. Anyway I saw on a similar thread that some guy got 5.9, 6.1 sec in his.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also where are you getting your information from? A magazine? They dont believe in brake boosting lol

·
Super Moderator
18,987 Posts

7s

I don't know what it being from a used car dealer has to do with it being tuned or not. Lots of people tune these.

How do I know? 210hp (more like 185whp) won't propel a 3400lb car to 60 in 5 anything seconds. Boost is limited in gears 1 and 2 anyways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

7s

I don't know what it being from a used car dealer has to do with it being tuned or not. Lots of people tune these.

How do I know? 210hp (more like 185whp) won't propel a 3400lb car to 60 in 5 anything seconds. Boost is limited in gears 1 and 2 anyways.
Also thanks for showing a slow launch. Heres a 2.0t that did it in 6 seconds.

·
Super Moderator
18,987 Posts
Starts at 1 second. I paused it at 60. youtube shows 8. 8-1=7 seconds. Also, based on lack of wheelspin I'd say that 2.0T (not t) has XWD. Or they drove downhill. You wanna prove how fast your car is? Get a Dragy. Throw it up here and show us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Starts at 1 second. I paused it at 60. youtube shows 8. 8-1=7 seconds. Also, based on lack of wheelspin I'd say that 2.0T (not t) has XWD. Or they drove downhill. You wanna prove how fast your car is? Get a Dragy. Throw it up here and show us.
Wait so you timed it by the interval of each second of the video? No wonder why you're getting fucked up numbers. Get a physical stopwatch and time it. You cant just go off of is timed in your head

·
Super Moderator
18,987 Posts
ok. Have a good day.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Fact of the matter is that Saab's are just not 0-60 mph cars. Even with an ECU tune.
Let's see, limited Torque and boost in 1st and 2nd gear. FWD, tall gearing, 3400 lbs give or take depending on options and 210 HP.
A KIA Optima SX Turbo is quicker. More power and different gearing.
Yes, Saab's do seem fast once they get to 3rd gear and are really spooling, but the time it takes to get to that point is the difference in reality of being quick and not being quick.
Now, ROLLING is a completely differently story. Saab's have always been about passing power once you're already rolling. When it comes to this, yes Saab's are VERY quick.
I've driven 900 SPG's, NG 900's, OG 9-3's and owned a 9-3 SS, and now a 2005 9-5 Aero. The OG 9-3 felt like a rocket, BUT it took a while to get up to that point (turbo lag).
My 9-3 ss (auto) felt quicker than it really was. When I measured it with the Torque pro app for Android, it was god awfully slow 0-60. 8 point something seconds. 40-60 mph and 60-80 mph was around 3.6 seconds.
My 9-5 Aero (automatic) is a quick car, but again, not a 0-60 car by any means. Again, measured with the Torque Pro app, 0-60 in 6.9 in cool weather. BUT, 40-60 Km/h and 60-80 mph are both about 2.3 seconds.
The 9-5 has more torque and the max torque is available at 1900 rpm all the way to 4500 rpm.
It also has more hp. but many lower powered cars will walk all over it from 0-60.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
In my experience, any quarter mile ET/MPH numbers are meaningless unless the car has been taken to an actual drag strip and made a bunch of runs--enough to get a "it probably won't be any much better than this".

To add to the fun, the preparation and launch style should be consistent. There's no point in comparing a car whose spare tire and interior has been removed, and whose intake manifold has been chilled with dry ice, to a car that's driven to the track and then run as is.

If you take enough cars to the drag strip, you have a pretty good idea of their comparative performance. In my case, since I'm not looking to destroy my cars, nor to get some bragging-rights number, I don't bother gutting the car, pushing it to the line with the hood up, launching at 4000 RPM, etc. As a result, my 60' times suck, but I know just how fast my NG900 non-turbo is, compared to say my Plymouth Reliant station wagon or my '78 Trans Am W72. One day I'll get around to taking my 9-5 Linear wagon or my 9-3 Aero convertible to the track and see how it runs. And then I'll know.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
TL;DR: arguing quarter mile performance on the internet from youtube videos of speedometers is a muppet game.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I feel like the point was lost. They wanted to know your times. Sure our cars might not be the best. But I find a lot of joy from improving and seeing just how much better I can get it. I have the torque pro app so I'll get a time and see how good it is and post it up here.

·
Super Moderator
18,987 Posts
Torque pro accuracy depends highly on sample rate of your OBD2 adapter. Really, get a Dragy if you want to know and also how mods are affecting your acceleration. It is GPS based and also shows slope of the road. It's really great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts