SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While changing my air filter, I dropped one of the screws as I was unscrewing it. There's one screw in the back, one in front, and 3 to the left (from the driver's seat perspective).

The front most side screw dropped. It sounded like it hit some plastic. It was very dark and a torch/flashlight was too dim. Did the screw fall on the big black plastic covering under the car? Too dark to see. if it did, then I think i'll have to unscrew it....either that or buy a new screw or try to see if I can see it in daylight and use a broomstick to hit it to the ground.

ideas?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Dave,

Sounds like you dropped it onto the plastic floor pan under the car. You could try to "whack" the floor pan and see if the screw would fall out onto the floor. Just don't hit too hard, hard enough to cause some vibration to dislodge it.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I didn't think about whacking! See, the saying "two heads are better than one" is true!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you can get under the car far enough you might be able to use a small mirror to look for it. I have one in my tool box for just these occasions. A womans make-up or purse mirror works well. Of course they sell the real deal at tool shops. A telescoping magnet (looks like a teachers pointer) is also a good thing to have for this kind of thing.

Good luck,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts