SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just interested in what various top speeds are. Ive got a stock T5 & I had 1 run up to 215kph not in the most optimal conditions as it was at night with the roof down. Pretty loud & scary.

Cheers M.

·
Registered
18,944 Posts
I don't know if this is a "how fast have you gone" or a "how fast can it go", but Saab hit 149 mph at the Talledega trials and allegedly ran flat out at speeds from 140 to 149 for most of the track time.

I recall a few regular guys hitting 145mph on the track back in the early days with some reasonable mods. Hardtops, not 'verts. I think there's too much drag with the 'vert (and a bit too much danger IMHO).

EDIT: For pure top speed, there's Vigge over on saablink. He's shooting for 200 mph. ;ol;

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I have logs that show 160. Didn't realize it was that fast because of a large speedo error due to large wheels and just by how much it's usually off anyway.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Did about 137 trying to catch up to a bike. It passed me doing 100+

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Mine tops out at 99mph - I've set this limit in T7 suite. Amazing how it make you behave yourself on the M-way with 260bhp under your right foot;);)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Before I was speed restricted I did see how it would go on an arifeild - interesting to see how far the speedo was over reading compared to the GPS so all these top speed bragging figures may be the same unless verified with more accurate means........

·
Registered
239 Posts
My memory is that when the Viggen came out, C&D measured its top speed at 151. I don't know if that was governed or drag limited.

Based on Viggen gearing, I think you would hit stock redline at about 160-165.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I think.the answer he's looking for is: the cars aren't governed (at least the 5spd isn't) that I know of. So top speed is whatever you redline at in the highest gear. I'm sure Google has the answer for this

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Top speed is governed in Trionic 7 but you will never get there due to wind resistance and the power fall off at higher revs.

·
Registered
742 Posts
QUoted top speed for the NG900 and trionic 5 9-3 is 143mph. Later cars have a speed limiter built into the map that has a maximum value of 255km/h. My original 1995 map doesn't have it so earlier cars have no limiter. With standard gear ratios if you could hit the limiter in 5th you would be travelling at about 170mph (depending on wheel size)

The viggen's top speed was 155mph (vert was 152mph). The brochure states that it was limited.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Before I was speed restricted I did see how it would go on an arifeild - interesting to see how far the speedo was over reading compared to the GPS so all these top speed bragging figures may be the same unless verified with more accurate means........
my speedo actually said 132 but im running tires that are a whole inch in diameter larger than stock size. its calculated to be a speedo speed of 60 is actually 63 mph. so twice that would be a speedo speed of 120 would be about 126. so at 132 i might have been doing about 138 but i just said 137 cause i know i atleast hit that.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
i got close to 150 in about 1-2 mile stretch of runway

1 - 20 of 31 Posts