SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the name of this "thingy" is called -- it's located in the Passenger Kick-panel of my 2002 9-3 CNV?

I think this is making an awful buzzing noise and would love to do some research on it but when I search for "thingy" I get waaaay too many results. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm not sure if that is it.. but the buzzing noise comes from the cabin temp sensor fan. you can find instructions on here or elsewhere for cleaning it to reduce the noise

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
I believe that's one of the ACC motors, but like Smashy said, it's probably your ACC fan. It's behind the round grille next to one of the seat heater switches. It just needs a little oil.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe that's one of the ACC motors, but like Smashy said, it's probably your ACC fan. It's behind the round grille next to one of the seat heater switches. It just needs a little oil.
Interestingly, I just unplugged that fan, squirted a few drops of WD-40 on the little rod inside, cleaned the fan with a q-tip and sprayed some compressed air. I haven't plugged it back in yet. But, maybe that will do it.

However, I presently have the PS Kick-Panel off and I am fairly certain the noise was coming from that area... but I sure hope the fan cleaning does the trick. Also, right before I took the fan off, I checked to see if it was spinning while the car was running... it wasn't. Grrr. I'm thinking it may be broken, but again, we'll see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts