SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a lot of info from a search, but I would like to find out what today's price should be around. Not last year, or 6 months ago. Today's price.

A dealer is telling me for $1500 more than a base 2.0T I can get an anniversary edition with the following:

Auto, Moonroof, premium audio and cold

What would be a good price to negotiate on? I will only buy if it's a deal and I'll hold firm. I have no problems waiting for Dec. incentives. I want to go into this with the right info.

·
Registered
759 Posts
$1500 for all those packages vs a stock 9-3 and you're not sure??? :roll: I don't understand. The 60th Anniv is a GREAT value, and the seats are much better than the stock 9-3. Only complaint is the 60th anniv didn't come with xenon headlights (but the stock 9-3 doesn't either).

·
Registered
128 Posts
joemama said:
I have no problems waiting for Dec. incentives. I want to go into this with the right info.
Here's possibly the best advice you'll get! Don't wait until Dec. for your car may be long gone by then. Trust me! I let 2 go before my 3rd charm. 1500 above ain't shat! Good Luck! They're awesome cars!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nickshu said:
$1500 for all those packages vs a stock 9-3 and you're not sure??? :roll: I don't understand. The 60th Anniv is a GREAT value, and the seats are much better than the stock 9-3. Only complaint is the 60th anniv didn't come with xenon headlights (but the stock 9-3 doesn't either).
Yeah, I'm not sure - mainly because it's a big investment, and want it to be the right one. I'm also partial to Polar White, and the anniv. doesn't come in that color. I'm going to start a new thread later about my choices, but need the info first.

This is great advice - keep it coming! What would be a good deal for the car?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It seems to me that the Aniv. is really an Aero circa 2004, before the Aero went with the V6.

Those seats are just NIIIICE.

I went for a non-Aniv. to get the Xenons. Knowing what I know now about how cheap aftermarket Xenons are, I don't know that I'd make that decision again if I could.
I REALLY like those seats!

Go get it now!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DanS said:
$25,495 USD at luxury motors dot com.
Darn they have a lot of them too. Is there any wiggle room with them or is it that's the price take it or leave it?

How likely are other dealers to match that price?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
joemama said:
Darn they have a lot of them too. Is there any wiggle room with them or is it that's the price take it or leave it?

How likely are other dealers to match that price?
Anyone know of any place that will match or beat their price? I don't want to go all the way to Chicago.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FLA_SAAB_ DRIVER said:
id say lease it but you cant lease 07's anymore :-\ i put $4k down and im paying $220 a month :cool:

PS thats GM employee discount
Yeah, leasing on 07s is over. Too bad because the 08 lease options are horrible.

FLA - you have direct contact with a dealer. What's a good price for an anniv. edition?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FLA_SAAB_ DRIVER said:
i can find out tomorrow but just a suggestion, wait till the 20th before you do anything ;-) ;-) new incentives come out :lol:
Yeah, I have no problems waiting. Heck, I've already waited 2+ years! Maybe they will go up, but again, we all thought that would be the case in November...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up a 60th anniversary edition about 2 months ago and love the car. I paid $27000 including TTL in Minnesota. It was a little under 25k without TTL for the car with the cold weather package and Onstar (I didn't really want Onstar, but its all they had). I would expect that if you bought a car today, about 25k would be a fair price also.

Happy dealing...:D

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MinnesotaSaab93 said:
I picked up a 60th anniversary edition about 2 months ago and love the car. I paid $27000 including TTL in Minnesota. It was a little under 25k without TTL for the car with the cold weather package and Onstar (I didn't really want Onstar, but its all they had). I would expect that if you bought a car today, about 25k would be a fair price also.

Happy dealing...:D
Under $25k? for a 60th? Was i auto or manual? you said it had cold..sunroof too? If it was auto that's a great price.

·
Registered
18 Posts
joemama said:
Under $25k? for a 60th? Was i auto or manual? you said it had cold..sunroof too? If it was auto that's a great price.

Its an auto, with the cold weather, sunroof, and onstar. (I totally forgot that a sunroof was even an option, never seen one without it). It was a great deal. That was one of the main reasons I got the car; that, and it was such a cool car :cheesy:. I'd been looking for a couple months before I pulled the trigger on my first SAAB, and finally decided to treat myself to a nice car. I must admit I love negociating for new cars. I just got my younger brother a great deal on a new Ford a few months back too.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MinnesotaSaab93 said:
Its an auto, with the cold weather, sunroof, and onstar. (I totally forgot that a sunroof was even an option, never seen one without it). It was a great deal. That was one of the main reasons I got the car; that, and it was such a cool car :cheesy:. I'd been looking for a couple months before I pulled the trigger on my first SAAB, and finally decided to treat myself to a nice car. I must admit I love negociating for new cars. I just got my younger brother a great deal on a new Ford a few months back too.
Man, I should have you negotiate for me. The lowest I'm getting is $26,300 BEFORE tax, title, fees, etc. How did you get it that low? Was it a demo?

Where did you get it?

·
Registered
569 Posts
I notice that my fellow Canadians (with anniversaries) are keeping silent...
I suppose I speak for all of us when I say that we now feel like schmucks for paying $35-37K CDN for the anniversary edition in the past 6 months, especially now that our dollar is actually worth $1.08 US!
So, from my point of view, whether you're looking at $24K or $27K US, big farking deal! What's that, like $34/month difference? Who cares, quit beating around the bush and get yourself behind the wheel of a jet back turbo with the beautiful anniversary extras, you'll love it!

·
Registered
230 Posts
When searching for a new Saab, I contacted only two dealerships, both had black anniversary editions. I choose a nocturne blue with parchment interior.

Now I wish I had purchased one of the black anniversary editions, they are gorgeous!

For those of you that have an anniversary edition, congratulations! You did well at any price. It just means you know a great thing when you see it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
joemama said:
Man, I should have you negotiate for me. The lowest I'm getting is $26,300 BEFORE tax, title, fees, etc. How did you get it that low? Was it a demo?

Where did you get it?

It was not a demo. I got it at a Morries Saab dealership in the Twin Cities (great dealership so far btw). I just went back and double check my paperwork. It was actually 25,500 for the car with TTL. This included a $300 discount for being a previous purchaser at the chain of dealerships. I just did my normal negociating process when buying. I spend a far amount of time researching differnet cars and test driving them. Then I usually pick a day towards the end of the month that I'm going to buy a car. I go in and tell them I'm going to buy a car today and if they can make a deal with me, I'll write out a check today, otherwise I walk. If I can't get a price I like in about an hour, I just move on to the next car on my list.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts