SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help confirm the colour of my car? I'm hoping you can see a pic (if not the upload thing hasn't worked!)
The rating label on the passenger door states body colour 254.
I was looking to buy some paint at but all they have listed are colours for the 9-3 not the NG/GM900.
I thought my car was Scarabe Green but lists this colour as being code 230?
Help anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
That's a really small pic, but even so, that's an odd Saab color that definitely doesn't look like the scarabe green metallic in my driveway. That actually looks like a C900 color

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that RichPU.

I'll try and source the spray paint for it now. I have a really small bit of bubbling under one wheel arch and want to sort it before it becomes a real problem!

Does anyone know where I can get the paint from?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

if you go to a motor factor most of them now do paint mixing and matching into a touchup brush or an areosol, they can get the colour from the chassis plate or have colour charts which should give them a match

I got an aerosol made up for a vauxhall colour approx 2 -3 months ago and it was £8.50

some of the larger Halfords may do the paint mixing on site might be worth checking

Regards,
RichPu

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great. Cheers for that.

I'll go and source the paint. In fact, it would just be a touch-up pen/brush that I would need I think.

Cheers.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
The UK got colors we didn't? (or is that colours?).
We only had on the NG900 SCARABE GREEN and EUCLYPTUS GREEN.
That is closer to Euclyptus, but not quite...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I like it. Even if US models weren't painted that color, somebody could do a custom job and it'd be slick. If you already needed a paint job.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the responses.

As I stated previously the colour code on the door label is 254. I looked in a sales brochure for the 900 which was published in 1995 and the only colours available then were the Scarabe and the Eucalyptus and in that brochure the Scarabe looks closer to my car colour (but the Saab colour code is 230 for Scarabe). Maybe they added extra colours in 1997 and that it could be Willow Green?

It seems this car might be some sort of special edition: it has beige two-tone velour interior, wood dash, leather steering wheel, gaiter and gear knob, front fog lights, 3-spoke 15" alloys and a rear spoiler.

Does anyone know about this combination? Is it a special or is it just the options that someone chose when they originally bought it? :confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
richpu said:
My Convertible 900 1996 is the same colour, I belive it is called 'Willow' green

regards,
RichPu
Hi RichPu,

I have just ordered a touch-up brush pen from my local Saab dealer and you were absolutely spot on in that the colour is indeed Willow Green.

Cheers. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts