SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Aero. What is the best bluetooth kit for it? I'm looking for something to work with the car's speakers and hopefully integrated microphone, or I can use a mounted microphone.

I'm having a hell of a time figuring it out. Also, any diagrams on use and installation?

I'd appreciate the thoughts and advice.

Cheers,

Colin

·
Registered
809 Posts
Parrot

Parrot or Nokia have nice kits.The microphone integrated in interior light panel is to adjust the volume of the car stereo according to the speed noise.
There are special harness from Saab which you should connect to car stereo to enable ''Mute'' function.
I'm using Parrot from a year and I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm a certified first class installer and install these kits all the time. I really enjoy the parrot kits they are fairly simple to install and have great results. also the display is nice so you can see it if mounted in a good location.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Yup

Here is it:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet

That looks great! I looked it up on a website and it says you need a Siemens phone. I have a Samsung supported by Sprint, is that going to be a problem?

Also, would you know of any detailed installation sites (hopefully specifically for the 9-5)?

I appreciate all of the help.

Colin

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
DoctorPhill said:
Parrot or Nokia have nice kits.The microphone integrated in interior light panel is to adjust the volume of the car stereo according to the speed noise.

You know, I always believed (and still do) that the radio volume adjustment is based on speed, not noise level.

The mic in the console above my rear view mirror works just fine on my hands free set up in my car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've been attempting to find a way to integrate bluetooth into our '01 9-5 for about a year, but the normal Saab phon wiring harness doesn't have a place to connect because the car has OnStar installed.

I'm not too excited to splice into the wires manually (i.e. without a connector) though I suppose it wouldn't be too tough to do.

Those of you who have done these installations, did you just plug-and-play, or did you need to splice in the connections? Did your vehicles have OnStar installed?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Works fine as long as your are OK with losing Onstar. You just unplug the harness for Onstar and plug in the Saab phone harness instead.

·
Registered
298 Posts
nbndtrain said:
Works fine as long as your are OK with losing Onstar. You just unplug the harness for Onstar and plug in the Saab phone harness instead.
I'm OK with losing OnStar, it hasn't been functional since our free one-year subscription expired.

THe problem is with finding the connector for OnStar. I've looked on the front of the heater box behind the ACC unit where the SAAB phone connector pigtail's instructions say that the connector will be located, but the connector simply isnt' there.

Any hints on where I could find the OnStar electronic brain and (hopefully therefore) the phone connector?

·
Registered
298 Posts
nbndtrain said:
It's there. Wrapped in fabric tape.
I wish it was. It's like when OnStar was installed in our car all of the dash-wiring was re-routed. About 6 months ago I had the whole dash apart and unwrapped all fabric tape bundles looking for that connector. No dice.

Any idea on where the onStar brain is located in the car?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts