SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track day!

Went to the track today to see what the Aero would do. I'm pretty happy that my times are on par with Brian's that he posted on drag times.com.

Mods:
Bsr intake
Vtuner stage 0

It was kinda hot today, high 80's. Half a tank of 93 and no weight reduction. 6 speed auto.

That was the best out of the two runs. The other run I didn't launch it as hard and got two tenths slower. I have the full GS catless downpipe and midpipe sitting here and I should be getting new plugs from Brian early next week so we'll see how she does next weekend!

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Your the 14.1 right? If so then good job thats a solid time for a stage 0

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Yeah it's the 14.1. I could really see the torque limiter in first and second I've read about. As soon as it shifted into 3rd it just took off. The time is definitely deceiving. My old impreza 2.5 rs ran that and didn't feel nearly as fast.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
if you have the HPtuners software with your tune you can definitely remove that torque limiter. I'm going to try to hit the 1/8th (I know I know...) mile track next week and see what its running now... some edits have been made to my tune, and I will run it with 91 blended with 100 octane to see if its any faster.

Good time. Faster than my last 1/4...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't know the HP tuners software could go that in depth. I got the handheld version only because I figured I personally wouldn't be messing with the tune. I've been a little paranoid about something happening to the transmission. One of the first things I learned about modifying cars is auto trannys can't hold a lot of power. I plan on contacting level ten and ipt and see what they can do to hold some serious power.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
He's been better lately no need to call him out lol

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Very true, sorry wagon...

back on topic, I read somewhere before that the stock 2.8 runs a 14.1 quarter mile?
Not possible. Maybe in absolutely perfect conditions, but definitely not with an auto...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
ya track times are tough with this car, it doesnt really show the cars power ... very good time though none the less. keep us posted on any feedback i really want to upgrade the valve bodies in this transmission it would make this thing beast mode. :D .... ps what tires are you running?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya track times are tough with this car, it doesnt really show the cars power ... very good time though none the less. keep us posted on any feedback i really want to upgrade the valve bodies in this transmission it would make this thing beast mode. :D .... ps what tires are you running?
I will definitely keep everyone posted on the transmission. I plan on doing a build log one of these days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts