SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 9-3 Aero Sedan, 3500 miles, perfect condition and 43 months of factory warranty left. Steel gray w/parchment leather, touring & cold weather packages ($36+ MSRP), tinted windows, Magnaflows w/resonator delete (have original parts), and BSR PPC.

Great car but I should have bought the 9-3 convertible...wife talked me out of it but now agrees with me (as usual).

I know that the biggest hit occurs in the first year but I don't want to give it away - what should I ask for it?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
See KBB.com for an estimate, but you probably won't be too happy...

My guess is about $24K. Maybe less. There are people around here buying brand new leftover '07 Aeros in the high 20's. You do have a couple grand worth of performance parts, but usually they don't add any value to the car if you're trying to sell it. That's what I've been told & read anyway. With the right buyer it might add some value, but you'd have to be pretty lucky to find one. The fact that you've chipped it might even scare people away, with the potential for warranty problems down the line.

Good luck.

Bob Z. said:
2006 9-3 Aero Sedan, 3500 miles, perfect condition and 43 months of factory warranty left. Steel gray w/parchment leather, touring & cold weather packages ($36+ MSRP), tinted windows, Magnaflows w/resonator delete (have original parts), and BSR PPC.

Great car but I should have bought the 9-3 convertible...wife talked me out of it but now agrees with me (as usual).

I know that the biggest hit occurs in the first year but I don't want to give it away - what should I ask for it?

·
Registered
62 Posts
With excellent condition and assuming auto transmission. I took the average between kbb and edmunds and came to $26,875.

Edmunds was 25,580
KBB was 28,170

The only bad thing is with the 2007's you can buy a brand new one around 27,500 and 28,000, and it comes with the 100,000 mi. warranty.

So, depending how fast you want to sell it, around 26 to be optimistic or 25- is your best bet.

Good Luck...

·
Registered
271 Posts
I paid 22K for my '06 Aero, 11K miles in on 7/28/07. Fully loaded minus Nav & auto trans. Semeed like a great price at the time as I only liked 2-colors.

I say you list at $25,500 and hopefully you will get $24K.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine does have the auto tranny.

I was thinking about $27k - if someone was thinking about modding it the way I've done it that would be a fair price. In regards to the warranty though, since the BSR PPC program can be changed back to stock in minutes it is a non-warranty issue - my Service Manager told me that and stated that if something broke and I took it in for warranty they would have to prove it was the PPC program to invalidate a claim and if it was not there it's a non-issue.

Anyway, thanks for the input to all.

G

·
You can have it appraised at CarMax for free so you can geta fair estimate of value. Add $1K-$2K to that price to get a fair private party sale. I sold my 2006 SC Aero with aftermarket 17" wheels, auto, no packages to Carmax in Vegas 4 months ago for $25K.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about CarMax albeit the mods would not count for anything. My best bet seems to be finding a buyer who likes the car and mods and realizes they would be getting a practically new car for less than what they might pay elsewhere.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Now I have an 03, so I know they aren't worth that much due to their reputation but none the less.......I tried selling my Linear to Carmax to go Aero, but they offered me what a decent looking car goes for at auction......and my car looks as good now as it did rolling out of the factory. I'd say your best bet would be selling private.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Bob,

I assume if you bought in the Spring you should not have paid more than $28,000 so somewhere less than that figure would be fair.

If I, or someone I knew, was in the market for this car I'd be all over it.
frm12b has a valid sales figure to go by.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if someone hears of a potential buyer let me know and I'll be happy to pass along a finders fee.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts