SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,328 Posts
A rat got at my 9000 and chewed those pipes, and also the silicone vac tubes and one wire. It could have been much worse of course.

There was rat poo and pee in evidence in the engine bay, and it still slightly smells when its hot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you reckon it's a rat or mouse? I do park the car in a forrest-like environment and there is a ditch running right adjacent the house... Those are teeth marks for sure right? My cat chewed my charger cable once and it looked exactly the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
My 05 saab 9-3 turbo lost power why driving, in a 10° cold weather, try to start it cranks but won't start .i charged battery and it was saying high and low beam failer, so i put new ones..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 05 saab 9-3 turbo lost power why driving, in a 10° cold weather, try to start it cranks but won't start .i charged battery and it was saying high and low beam failer, so i put new ones..
Does the tachometer needle move at all while you crank the engine? If it doesn't, it could be a dead crankshaft position sensor signal 'engine not running' and cut out the fuel pump. When it's faulty, it will not show up in the OBD2 error codes. HTH
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top