SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,

We are eyeing the '08 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T (polar white, manual) for a purchase... It really is a great-looking car.

What would be considered a good deal, how far can a dealer go to discount on this one? Perhaps someone could mention some examples from their recent experiences here in the US.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
20,347 Posts
I think the 2008's are too new for them to be giving discounts already. $1000 for customer loyalty probably. Now's a great time to get a 2007 though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, first off, manuals are VERY hard to find. I just leased the last one in my region.

They trickle in every few weeks then are snatched up almost immediately. If you want one, order one and wait. Have your dealer keep checking inventory in the mean time and when one arrives, see if they can negotiate a trade.

I ordered one in early September and it is still sitting in Sweden. My dealer found me the aforementioned Aero when I couldn't wait any longer.

As for price, check some auto sites to see What Others Are Paying. I got $1000 loyalty, $500 Red Tag and the dealer threw a little extra in, but it wasn't a steal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's my understanding that Saab is giving dealers $2,500 on all 08s. I'd expect to get that, plus the red tag amount.

Am I confused about this?

Cameron

·
Registered
358 Posts
It's my understanding that Saab is giving dealers $2,500 on all 08s. I'd expect to get that, plus the red tag amount.
Unless you are eligible for GM Employee pricing, the $2,500 is not guaranteed; rather it is all based on supply and demand at that particular dealership.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
deniss said:
Ladies and Gents,

We are eyeing the '08 9-3 SportCombi 2.0T (polar white, manual) for a purchase... It really is a great-looking car.

What would be considered a good deal, how far can a dealer go to discount on this one? Perhaps someone could mention some examples from their recent experiences here in the US.

Cheers!
As with most cares, invoice plus (actually minus) any incentives. Your in a good market and should be able to get a great deal.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What sort of profits do Saab dealers turn on the 9-3s these days if they offer invoice pricing and incentives? I'm just curious...

·
Registered
110 Posts
i think (dont know for sure, last dealt with this at renault a few years ago now and then it was 18% discount to lease Hertz/leaseplan) but lease companies expect around the 15% on cars and 8% on convertables.

on a MY07 9-3 convertable
I got £500 off the ticket price, which was lower than other dealers anyway - list another £3500 - plus one years road tax, plus wind deflector @cost.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That Combi sure is a beautiful car. I love the freedoms Saab took with bolder exterior styling this time. I also liked the improvement in the interior quality from the initial launch of '03 9-3s.

Before any incentives are considered (red tag, loyalty, GM rebates), is the invoice considered a good deal, or do some go below the invoice?

·
Registered
8 Posts
MSRP minus all incentives on edmonds. I think we were at $23.5k before tax license etc on base sedan, no options. They always add about $800 to invoice for dealer prep to make their profit. So deal hard. Between Christmas and New Year's you should do much better for any car on the dealers lot. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I highly recommend getting a report from consumer reports. If they are available for 08s. I used their data to shop different dealers and I ended up paying about 27k final for my 07 93 sedan with auto, cold weather, and moon roof. It was amazing to see how high some dealer commissions were.

Always offer low and work your way up. They want to sell the car and they know what they need to let it go.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
deniss said:
That one...
LOL, Right now good deals will be few, thier still trying to dump 07's, I would email a few dealers for quotes and see if there offering any Dealer incentives along with the factory rebate and/or Saab Loyalty Cash. When they invite you to come talk say you'd like a quote first as you are requestimg quotes from several dealers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts