Votes: 42 5.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What would you buy instead of a Saab?

Lets just say that for whatever reason, your current Saab(s)/Other Cars got totaled/stolen/vanished and you had to get a new or used car. Only problem is that there are no Saabs in the immediate area of where you live and you need a car right away for work/school/etc.

So, what car would you buy and why?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Subaru. I already own one. And if my 9-5 ever dies, I'm getting another Suub to replace the Saab. AWD Saab's are too pricey for a winter beater, because they are all recent. Subaru's were pretty much all AWD since the early 90's.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ill have to go for an A3, not too many other options for a european wagon/hatch with a manual tranny option... cant quite afford a 3 series wagon just yet

·
Registered
599 Posts
If my c900 died, I'd replace it with a Subie. I like the styling of my daughter's '99 Outback, but I think I'd look for something like an older model Impreza WRX, turbo with a manual trans. It's smaller, little more curves to it, and with the AWD, turbo, and 5-speed, should be a hoot to drive.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Subaru are all nice mechanically but the UK models have interiors from the 80's Jap market plus i'm no fan of timing belts.
So i'd probably stick with a GM model with the 2.8 engine....so a Vauxhall Insignia VXR or another Saab and another and another til the market dries up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
What landy do you have? I have a 90 Puma ;ol;

I've got a Discovery TD5 ES had thought about gettin rid of it cause I've also got an 07 Vectra estate, two Honda Blackbirds and a Honda Varadero;oops: but no doubt living in the hills of Aberdeenshire if I did sell it we'd end up with 4 foot of Snow the next day so I'm thinkin I'll just use it as another toy and put a lift kit and some other choice goodies on it and have some fun when the snow does come ;ol;

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are many, we are saab

;ol; b.m.w, audi, mercedes, anything that isnt General Motors. Who cares if its used all that matters is that Im not sticking to G.M cars ever again for what happen with saab and G.M's dumb technologie liscences. If it werent for that. WE ARE MANY WE ARE SAAB. AND I LOVE MY SAAB ITS MY FIRST CAR THAT I CHOSE OVER AN AUDI WHY.. BECAUSE IT JUST LOOKED DIFFERENT ...... there could be 10 audis in one road here in houston but only 1 saab. guess what i want to be that only one saab .. because im different. Who cares if its expensive i dont mind having my saab being expensive because only a few are willing to invest into these unique cars especially me since im stil a student and yet spend over 1,000$ to repair my 10 year old 2003 saab 9-3 linear I installed my own aux i replaced the center console with an 07 model... Im glad i started off with saab i know i have style and taste by having this car this swedish car as my first. I love and and dont regret chosing this car. ;ol;

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love my Saab, honestly God willing. I plan on keeping this thing forever. Might get expensive with making all the repairs. But who knows. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just answered that question!

Leased (can't believe i am saying this) a 2011 Rav 4 V6 all wheel drive ,seats are not the Saab nor is the cost of ownership.I spent too much money, time and aggravation on the Saab.
FU GM .
You guys here have all been great and very helpful. Worrying about the top failing and spilling fluid all over the seats was ridiculous,having the gas cap cost me 3 times as much and all the other BS with the dumbest mechanics I ever met was absurd. The rav is much quicker but does not quiet handle like the Saab, as it is top heavy. Also the looks definitively goes to the Saab.
This switch was really bitter sweet. The mechanic who was supposed to fix my headlight after 2 tries at my regular guys wasn't even in when I called to tell him I wouldn't be bring the Saab in.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
I really don't see how a BMW 3 Series or M and a Mini can be in the same category... or a Quattro and a Jetta?

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I'm considering a new Jeep. They have close to 300 hp, and 6-speed is standard. I'm done with GM. My 2001 Sierra has rusted brake lines and NHSTA is investigating - as many as 6.2 million vehicles may be involved. And, the best part - GM does not make replacement hard lines. They all need to be bent, fitted and flared manually at a price tag of $2000-$3000 if a shop does the work. I'll keep the Saab for commuting to Lake Erie in the warm months... Ron

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really don't see how a BMW 3 Series or M and a Mini can be in the same category... or a Quattro and a Jetta?

Well, when I created the Poll, I decided that it would be best to lump brands together by their respected corporate owners. Polls only have a limit of 20 choices and doing it this way would be the best way to get a broad range of car manufacturers into the list.

1 - 20 of 808 Posts