SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question about the Amp under the passenger seat

I'm working on the assumption that a MY97 9000 has the amp under the passenger seat. Part of the wiring had been disonnected. It's been re-connected and doesn't appear to make any difference to the sound quality of the system.

So quick question, does the MY97 9000 come with said amp under the passenger seat - and if so, what wattage is it? I may be able to use it for something else, and would appreciate confirmation of what I'm thinking.

Thank you

Kenneth

P.s. for Boxman, how about creating a sticky regarding this with the relevant information. Save everyone answering the question a million times.....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We all know about the amp under the passenger's seat - but what wiring should be under the drivers seat on a 9000 without electronically adjustable seats?

I'll get a photo and post what I've found.

Ahh, the joys of owning an ex police car.

Kenneth

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
firstly the amp will be under the drivers seat on right hand drive cars :)

secondly the amp is only 40watts, so an after market head unit will be close, if no more than that any way, the saab unit doesnt have the pre amp built in thats why there is a seperate amp under the seat :roll:

asfor making this a sticky, if we made stickys for all the topics,the forum would be full of stickys so sorry no go ;)

ps, i've merged the 2 threads as the same they are linked in topic :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Erm,

Now I'm really confused. on a UK model Saab should the amp be under the passenger or drivers seat? If under the drivers seat, what should be under the passengers seat in a MY97?

I think I'll need to pull the seats to figure this one out. When I do I'll take (and post) pictures to try and work it out.

Kenneth

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
the amp is under the drivers seat on uk spec' cars, the only thing that would be under the passanger seat from factory is the tcs ecu if you have it but i thought tcs was dropped on the later 2.3 turbos so may be it has some thing to do with the cars history but if you can post a pic or 2 we may be able to id what ever is under there, its also poss that the amp has been placed under the wrong seat cus an ex police car probably woundnt have had a stereo

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok,

just to confuse a little - the reason I asked is that when I found it one of the multiplugs was disconnected. I've plugged it back in and the main difference is that the turbo is now willing to hold full pressure rather than backing off.

This car is going to make me lose a lot of my hair - between the cylinder head gasket failing, continually leaking water from behind the water pump (It's gonna get JB Welded in to place as weve tried everything else) running rich, rough, and other intermittent faults (still stalling regularly), speedometer not working (thankfully not an MOT failure and I know how to work out speed from revs accurately enough to get away with it), synchro problems on 2nd, bolts missing between the transmission bellhouse and the block, etc..., this has got to be classed as a running project.

Even so, I still enjoy the car, the drive and I know that eventually It'll get the main issues resolved and have another 150k miles to go before I decide whether to rebuild or scrap (possibly rebuild)

I'll look at taking the seats out later this week and photographing what's under there as I know I don't know enough about this car.

Thank you in advance

Kenneth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts