SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anybody here know something about the price of the saab 9-7X here in scandinavia? (Norway)

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Really when/where did he say that ? Even without a diesel option ?

TuuSaR said:
Lutz said that it will come to Europe at fall, but I would consider that only in certain countries.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Since the update to the new forum I only have "power" in the 900/9-3 area. :(

Not sure they want me to moderate here, anyway. I might go hack and slash crazy! :cheesy:
I just hang out here a lot to see what people think and to talk back to the ones that just can't keep thier constant inane 9-7X hating comments to themselvs...ie the trolls.

A

·
0 Posts
I just thought the 9-7x section has become saturated with "I think the 9-7x is stupid and Saab shouldn't sell it" and "GM is stupid for doing this to Saab" comments. I'm over it now, or until someone makes another comment like that!!!:evil:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
i'm not sure why anyone would want to buy the 9-7X in europe when they have much better options at better prices than a 9-7 would go for

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
squishmann said:
i'm not sure why anyone would want to buy the 9-7X in europe when they have much better options at better prices than a 9-7 would go for
"Better options" is a subjective judgment about which reasonable minds may differ. "Better prices" is objective, but can't be judged truly because the 9-7X is not sold in Europe. The pricing in Europe is not known. What is known is that the 9-7X is priced significantly lower than most comparable euro-SUV's sold in the United States. A comparably equipped 9-7X is approximately $7,000 cheaper than a comparably equipped Volvo XC90.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
apzer09 said:
I just thought the 9-7x section has become saturated with "I think the 9-7x is stupid and Saab shouldn't sell it" and "GM is stupid for doing this to Saab" comments. I'm over it now, or until someone makes another comment like that!!!:evil:

A forum is for people's opinions. I am sorry that alot of them don't agree with yours. However I do not think there is anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The problem with those comments is that the logic follows thusly:
The car is stupid
GM is stupid for selling it
Thus, people who buy it are by definition, stupid

Not really the kind of comments that bring about happy folks. If the 9-7 forum is for people who buy 9-7s, then other people who don't like them should stay out.

I guarantee you that if I went into a Sonnet forum and said something like "Sonnets are for losers and old hippies"[not a true statement, this is hypothetical] then I would get banned.

People complaining about GM-ification of Saab can post in one of the myriad of other threads about this, rather than bringing it up in every thread.

Just my 2c.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
qcomdrj said:
The car is stupid

Not really the kind of comments that bring about happy folks. If the 9-7 forum is for people who buy 9-7s, then other people who don't like them should stay out.

I guarantee you that if I went into a Sonnet forum and said something like "Sonnets are for losers and old hippies"[not a true statement, this is hypothetical] then I would get banned.

People complaining about GM-ification of Saab can post in one of the myriad of other threads about this, rather than bringing it up in every thread.

Just my 2c.

I don't think anyone can argue with that logic!

Well said ... and coming from someone with a new Saab, I don't think anyone would be in better position to say so!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
qcomdrj said:
The car is stupid

Just my 2c.

I agree with you to a degree, people who just come onto the board saying that the car is stupid, GM is stupid, etc etc on that level, offer no amount of value to this board.

When this board was first established for the 9-7x, all that was posted in here was news on the vehicle, discussion, banter, and speculation. Now that the vehicle just came out, most of that discussion.. the news, etc, should more or less move to the news forum.

Many people who really dislike the 9-7x, or GM's decision, have said what they want to say (myself included) and now leave it alone. I can think of a few members who leave this board alone now. Those who are here just interjecting negative comments that hold no value are just an annoyance.

The bottom line IMHO, is that any sort of discussion, positive or negative, should be welcomed AS LONG AS it brings value to the board. If I just posted a thread on how the 9-7x isnt "saabified" enough, I would be saying the same thing that has been said on countless other threads. Now if I said the same thing but mentioned a news article along with it, or some sort of valuable information that would bring some new light to the table, then the conversation would hold some value. All opinions and views should be welcomed, as long as they hold value.

Thats just my honest opinion, feel free to disagree, positive or negative :cheesy: .. I just dont want to see this 9-7x board mirror another one we know.....

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I am quite sure as more people buy the thing the detractors will slowly dis-appear.

The SS forum had it's share of this crap when it started.
The 9-2X forum had it the worst when it started. Look at it now. It's full of OWNERS helping each other and people asking about buying them. I don't think there is one "not A Saab" post on the first page of that forum anymore.

Just hang in there. The trolls will get bored and leave eventually.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well Magne, the SAAB 9-7X isn't coming to Norway, but if it did, it would definitely cost more than 900,000 NOK, which is the price of its sibling, the Chevrolet TrailBlazer. The car weighs a lot, and it has a big engine, so it would be punished pretty bad by taxes..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Member for some time. Got my 9-7x 4.2i today. In Sweden! Yes it is available in its (well...) home country now. The price (with "Prestige" package): SEK 353 900 which is about $52k.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts