SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did some searching but still ( keep in mind I've been a Saab owner for 2 days - 99 9-5 wagon) can't tell whether what I got is an Aero or not- thought at first the Aero's were 6 cyl, so wasn't expecting is was, but read something in a search that leads me to believe that may not be right, there can be a 4 cyl aero, no? How do I tell, is it something the "engine family" tag tells me (XSAXV02.3tEI)? If it's an aero, then it has a different turbo ( not the GT17) ,correct? If someone can straighten me out on this , I'd appreciate it....

Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
All Aeros in the 9-5 range are 4 pot engines. 2.3L and vary between 220bhp and 250bhp depending on the year. If you look at your boot or trunk, you'll see the 95 badge on the left and the Aero badge on the right. If the 95 badge is on the right, then it isn't an Aero model. The engone code for the Aero is B235R but where you find this I can't remember off the top of my head sorry.

Hope this helps some,

Pug

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, here is what is says...

Manufacturer: Saab Automobile AB
Product line: SAAB 9-5
Body type: 5-door Wagon
Gear box: 4-Speed Automatic
Engine type: B235E LPT
Model year: 1999
Assembly plant: Trollhattan line B or Arlov, Sweden

So , the engine type is B235E, based on what was posted earlier, the Aero is 235R, so what is mine? and does this help figure out what turbo it has?

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts