SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just brought 9-3 2.0 t7 turbo that has been in to a garage and had a few upgrades.
The car started life as a lpt but has had a t7 engine conversion with the td04 turbo on and is currently running 241.8bhp at the flywheel and 200.8bhp at the wheels. It has the correct k&n air intake fitted (by the correct one I mean the one designed for t7 engines) and a uprated intercooler kit and silicon pipes all round. Also has steering rack clamps. Runs sweet.
I want to get it to around 300bhp at the wheels before doing body modifications ect.... but don't want to throw money at her that will make the bay look good just want 300bhp at the wheels I can make her look pretty in the years to come.

If you were in my place what's your approach ?????

Race cat and 3inch exhaust With a remap where would that get me ??

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
You could run a stage 4 setup but need 3inch Exhuast, won't quite be 300 bhp but close defiantly not 300 hp at the wheels. Also the t7 pistons are only good till about 300 hp

·
Registered
18,731 Posts
^ what he said... you need a downpipe next before anything else matters.

You should also be working the suspension if you haven't That HP is no good without a chassis to handle it.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
So it started life as a B204E and is now a B205R? - they put a whole T7 ECU EMS in there ? What year is the car?

·
Registered
18,731 Posts
^ I think you need springs and shocks in these too. The reduction in front to rear weight transfer is significant with a spring upgrade. Also a poly bushing or rack brace for the steering rack.

Then it's ready for more HP.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry forgot to mention i have ordered a set of 35mm lowering springs and adjustable shock book in for the 30th of this month to be fitted at my local garage.
Also looking at some 17's as the she still got original 16 inch wheels on idearly need to get these before 30th.
Anyone know who makes straight through dwn pipes in Essex uk ??? Looking at full exhaust systems and seems to be a lot of dough !

It's a 2000 reg !!!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
So it started life as a B204E and is now a B205R? - they put a whole T7 ECU EMS in there ? What year is the car?

I think he means it went from B205 lpt to B205R, I doubt it's had T5 to T7 conversion, just upgraded the turbo :lol:
Would be more of a downgrade going from T5 to T7 .

Back on topic.

You can run 280bhp with a 3" downpipe and 3.5bar fpr.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So 3 inch dwn pipe on to a 2.5 back and a remap or 2 ? Should be 280hp is that at the flywheel or at the front wheels ?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
3" downpipe
Remap

with your existing hardware you'll see 280bhp/flywheel.

after that it's bigger turbo and new pistons.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right I get you many thanks

I'm enjoying this Saab so much I'm looking for a cheap t5 car to play around with as a toy for weekends as the one I'm using I use daily

1 - 14 of 14 Posts