SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents!

I apologize in advance if this has already been covered. I did some searching on the forums and didn't see anything...

I have a 1984 Saab 900 Turbo that currently has some crappy Sony head with a 6 disc changer. Originally (and this is searching quite a ways back for me) it had a Clarion head with a equalizer. Currently the Clarion is either sitting in the garage at my parents place, or lost forever. However, I eq is still installed, just not connected to anything (to my knowledge).

I am fairly ignorant on car audio in general, so here are my questions: Given I plan on putting a more modern head unit into the vehicle, what are my options for the eq?
  1. Replace with a new one? Is this even possible?
  2. Install a gauge cluster? (Boost, turbo timer, oil pressure?)
  3. Get creative? (Charging station, DVD screen, etc)
  4. Resort back to stock?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,942 Posts
Sony was OE in 1984 (EQ, bi-amp, noisy as hell unless grounds and connectors were perfect), Clarion was a big improvement in 1985.
Any DIN size blanking plate, parcel nook, or gauge cluster will fit in that space.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Or you can extend the wires 10-12", move the radio down to the EQ location, and put a Cup Holder/Coin Holder into the upper slot. The DIN unit from early Taurus/Sable works pretty well, looks right at home there. Vern

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or you can extend the wires 10-12", move the radio down to the EQ location, and put a Cup Holder/Coin Holder into the upper slot. The DIN unit from early Taurus/Sable works pretty well, looks right at home there. Vern
Oh man... I'd totally forgot this car doesn't have up holders...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts