SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this might be a stupid question but what would I buy for a rear shocks "rebuild" mine are rotted bad and I am wondering what exactly I would need. Any info is helpful thanks

I have a 07 combi 2.0T

·
Registered
424 Posts
Buy OEM-quality upper mounts (Sachs). I have had the cheaper mounts fail on me, catastrophically once, over 1.000km from home.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Depends... IF like me.. I usually replace anything in the area that looks suspect. Too often: everything.
In the hope that I won't be immediately surprised by something else nearby failing.
Do you want to keep the car reliable.. or is this a short term patch job?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depends... IF like me.. I usually replace anything in the area that looks suspect. Too often: everything.
In the hope that I won't be immediately surprised by something else nearby failing.
Do you want to keep the car reliable.. or is this a short term patch job?
I'm trying to make sure that I have to never do this again pretty much so I want it to be reliable

·
Registered
2007 9-3 2.8T estate
11 Posts
Nothing to rebuild, only to replace. Assuming you have a front wheel drive only, you'll need number: 8, 10, 16 and 15.

White Product Font Auto part Parallel

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Changing just the rear shocks is a very easy job, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
No I'm not worried about that I've done them many times on other cars I'm just wondering what parts I need for doing the springs and shocks

·
Registered
424 Posts
No I'm not worried about that I've done them many times on other cars I'm just wondering what parts I need for doing the springs and shocks
Yep. As above, just the shocks and the mounts.

If you're doing the springs as well then I would definitely recommend you buy new top and bottom seats for the springs. Number 8 and 10 in the above diagram.

Also start spraying everything now with penetrating oil.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep. As above, just the shocks and the mounts.

If you're doing the springs as well then I would definitely recommend you buy new top and bottom seats for the springs. Number 8 and 10 in the above diagram.

Also start spraying everything now with penetrating oil.
Ya good idea thanks for the info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts