SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On genuinesaab they have Vogtland springs, I've seen people using H&R and I know there are even more options. What is the best spring to use with the Koni Yellows as far as stiffness goes? I like the current ride height of the aero (2.8T) but will be happy to see it lowered a little as well (I don't want it slammed, I live in morgantown west virginia and there is plenty of sharp uphill roads and potholes). Stiffness is most important to me to decrease body roll.

Thanks for any input.

P.S. anything BETTER for what I'm talking about than Koni Yellows? I don't need anything crazy b/c the price of them is about what I'm willing to pay, just want to make sure I'm looking at the right item.

EDIT: Basically what's the difference b/w the H&R springs and the Vogtland ones?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When the springs say they lower the car 35mm or 30mm is that how low FROM stock or is that total heigh off the ground? in other words, which is lower? And are either better quality? They can both be affected stiffness-wise with the little adjustable piece though correct?

·
Registered
267 Posts
When the springs say they lower the car 35mm or 30mm is that how low FROM stock or is that total heigh off the ground? in other words, which is lower? And are either better quality? They can both be affected stiffness-wise with the little adjustable piece though correct?

The length of a tip of an average pen is about 3mm. Those numbers are FROM stock.

-jason

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have the Vogtland lowering springs, you can see pictures of my car in the area to post pictures, think the Color posting area or whatever it's called. They ride a little firmer than stock, you will feel bumps but they don't throw you around. It's not unpleasant is what I'm trying to say. I live in Memphis and the roads are very bumpy and littered with potholes. Car is very planted through corners though. Only issue i've had is when entering or exiting a road where there is an immediate incline, I scrape the front lip spoiler.Mind you my car is an 07 Aero so the spoiler is low. It's not terrible and it's only on pretty sharp inclines, probably 25 degrees and higher. Overall I a pleased with the springs and will be purchasing the Koni shocks to dial in the suspension even further.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts