SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen various different sizes of fmic on a c900 but what I want to know is what is the biggest one i can fit on a 86 flat front with out modding the headlights?

Thanks

Nathan

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Saab 9000 on mine (flat front 1985 ). Headlight wipers had to go . I clocked the turbo so the outlet points down and plumbed the intercooler hoses under the body . Not ideal but I had a spare 9000 intercooler so why not.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ive seen various different sizes of fmic on a c900 but what I want to know is what is the biggest one i can fit on a 86 flat front with out modding the headlights?

Thanks

Nathan
Your PM box is full. The FMIC is the Yonaka type 6. It's a perfect fit. Only a bit of cutting

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
599 Posts
Based on that test fitment, looks like those tow hooks are gonna have to go, there's not enough room for the hoses and piping to fit over the inlet and outlet. I had to cut those away when I installed my FMIC, but a GOOD sawzall made quick work of those tow hooks, along with cutting of the IC piping.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi!
How would this intercooler fit in an '88 turbo? Slightly more room because the nose is slanted. I don't want to have to modify/cut much- if at all.

Andrew

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nathan, I've spotted this Greddy FMIC too and would be interested to see how it goes in. One of the only ones on evil bay that is narrower and offers some height. Looking at the photo of it in position, I wondered whether it would go slightly higher to clear the tow hooks and offer better air flow? Will be watching this thread with interest. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts