SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dismantling my centre console in order to replace the ignition switch and have gotten 98% of the way there. All that remains is the two torx screws which hold on the switch itself, and annoying none of the three standard torx heads which come with the car's screwdriver seem to fit it! From what I understand, these are T10, T20 and T30. The problem screws seem to be somewhere between T10 and T20, does anyone have any idea what exact size they are? I'd like to know for sure before buying a separate screwdriver, for fear of potentially stripping the screw heads. Many thanks!

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've been dismantling my centre console in order to replace the ignition switch and have gotten 98% of the way there. All that remains is the two torx screws which hold on the switch itself, and annoying none of the three standard torx heads which come with the car's screwdriver seem to fit it! From what I understand, these are T10, T20 and T30. The problem screws seem to be somewhere between T10 and T20, does anyone have any idea what exact size they are? I'd like to know for sure before buying a separate screwdriver, for fear of potentially stripping the screw heads. Many thanks!
Well between the 2 is T15. I will go check on my 2003 which has the console off. But T15 is the only torx between 10 and 20.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts