SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 saab 9-3 s

i have speedparts intake, 3 inch jack stoll downpipe, saab sport exhaust, mbc+a set to 15 psi(going in this weekend) forge bov, and all the suspension stuff except springs, and AA traction tires,

i am going to import wars coming up on sunday the 29th so i would like to know what my car is capable of

what do you think??

thanks
Tom

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I think you should break into the 14's with a good launch. The tires will help, so long as you don't bog.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
^^^ huh???????????????

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
He asked what he SHOULD run rather then what he will run.

so fast ed responded with what he thought he should run.

i think mid 15's or low 15's on that setup.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
cpenning623 said:
He asked what he SHOULD run rather then what he will run.

so fast ed responded with what he thought he should run.

i think mid 15's or low 15's on that setup.
once again cpenn, did you read before you spoke? the stock 99 9-3 s runs a 15.5 at 92 mph or something.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
yea....i did read that. I still think realisticly that he will STAY in mid, low 15's. We'll see, Post your time when you get back from import wars.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Didn't say the times in this thread....

But yeah, low 15's, high 14's. But so much will come down to racing experience and the launch. Let us know how it works man.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Don't respond to that, because that page..didn't work a second ago for me. Bloody wireless :-/

-Avinash

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
avixcore said:
Ed, what does the Viggen do in the quarter? Probably not much difference? lol
You know, I've never really heard a time that I can accept. Carpoint says 15.1:roll: I'd hope I could do better than that, but I've never dragged before. I imagine that's with the stock Dunlops, too, which we all know are cr*p anyways.

We'll just have to get on up to NH and run them:cool:

Just put my new Yoko AVS-E100's on. Sexy looking, but I had to come back to work rather than give them a real traction test. I think I feel a cold coming on:)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea i will post my times after i go...if i go, found out one of the managers got fired where i work for getting into a fist fight with one of the employee's so i am picking up lots of extra shifts, unvolintarly, i should know by sunday if i am still going or not

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think my stock, with K&N HOT ran [email protected]

adding the MBC made it quicker due to the BCS removal, but not really faster. ( I never seem to get full boost on WOT)
I think it has a lot to do with the completely stock exhaust.

My best yet was 14.7 which was the run the saab blew up, but it was @ 87MPH =0[
anyways...what I'm trying to say is that for 1/4-mile, the only thing keeping you slower than me is your old IC.
switch that, and you'll probably run a REALLY low 14. (Assuming you know how to drag-race.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
hey, g96nut, what were your dyno numbers real quick? I don't want to have to sift through all your posts....good times by the way...

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
228/250..
5800RPM and 3900 RPM respectively

I was planning on making another couple runs @ f1, butI haven't done anything different Since the last time I was up there. I'll be up there, but it looks like one of my EVO VIII buddies may take my spot ;)

I get a raise and my commission check on the 1st, So it looks like I'll be getting an exhaust and upper-intercooler pipe but not likely in time to dyno them.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I don't think that should be a problem if the evo comes up. They prefer mostly one make dyno days as this speeds up the prep work I guess. But they said they'd make exceptions. I'm trying to get a guy with a blown SS silverado to come. He put down like 450 last summer, and he's been working on it all winter :cheesy:. The evo would definatly give us some grins!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts