SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife likes the 08s better and it's time to get prices. I have the GM Supplier Discount, so it should be cheaper, but tell me if this makes sense:

What the dealer quoted me is only $500 LESS than the off of the SaabUSA website (MSRP)! What gives?

$34,075 for a non-metallic 2.0T, auto, moon, cold, premium package and premium sound. And here's the kicker - if I want the "to me, must be standard" 5-spoke 17" rims, I have to pay an additional $750.

I'm sorry, but even with the $2500 cash back, Saab is going to have a tough time selling these babies...

What should a GM supplier pay for this configuration? Maybe I should really look at a MY07. I didn't notice a big difference when driving them back to back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The GM supplier discount is pretty close to invoice price. Then subtract any discounts/incentives. I used it for the purchase of a 07 Aero 9-3, a little over a week ago. The dealer here said they arent going to give the gm supplier discount on 08's yet- Good Luck I told them. Did you notice the 08's any quieter? I have an 06 and an 07 and the 07 is much quieter, So just wondered if the 08's are any better. Thinking about getting an 07 conv. before years end. I got some lease quotes on 08's if your interested.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naples007 said:
The GM supplier discount is pretty close to invoice price. Then subtract any discounts/incentives. I used it for the purchase of a 07 Aero 9-3, a little over a week ago. The dealer here said they arent going to give the gm supplier discount on 08's yet- Good Luck I told them. Did you notice the 08's any quieter? I have an 06 and an 07 and the 07 is much quieter, So just wondered if the 08's are any better. Thinking about getting an 07 conv. before years end. I got some lease quotes on 08's if your interested.
Congrats on the new car! Did you have to even use the supplier discount? Aren't the taking off more than that just to move the 07s?

I didn't really notice a difference in noise, to be honest with you. I'd love to see what kind of lease numbers you got...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
joemama said:
What should a GM supplier pay for this configuration?
If you bring in your supplier number/certificate, the dealer should show you the invoice that has the Supplier price on it. Like napels said, take that price and subtract the $2500 dealer cash and the $1k (if you are a Saab owner) to get the price you should pay. If a dealer is unwilling to sell at the supplier price or unwilling to part with his $2500 dealer cash (understandable if they don't want to part with it) then simply move on and find another dealer that will. I think dealers are going to be a bit reluctant to do much negotiating in the first month of the '08s landing but once the "new-car hype" is over, it will be business as usual - steep discounts and plentiful inventories, especially in the current economy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think they are going to have plenty on the lots real soon. Saab is a unique product and takes the right buyer. Most people have to have a bmw/merc/lexus/audi- I'm lucky if I see one Saab a day in this area. Probably why we only have 1 dealer within 90 miles of Naples Florida.

G

·
The MSRP went up between $2000 and $2600 for MY08. With the current deals on 2007s (up to $7500 at some dealers), you must really, really like the new front to choose a 2008.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Wulf said:
The MSRP went up between $2000 and $2600 for MY08. With the current deals on 2007s (up to $7500 at some dealers), you must really, really like the new front to choose a 2008.
Depends on if you can find an '07 in the options you want/like. I've been looking at upgrading but I'm obviously finding fewer '07s with the options and colors I like. Another tempting feature of the '08s is the available upgraded leather interior. From the pictures of the Aero X that are floating around, the leather looks considerably better than what is available currently.

G

·
sptsdn said:
Another tempting feature of the '08s is the available upgraded leather interior. From the pictures of the Aero X that are floating around, the leather looks considerably better than what is available currently.
They had an 2008 with the upgraded leather at the SOC and it was very nice. Much better leather than the standard leather in the earlier models. However, it's a $1,500 option so it should be nice.

G

·
joemama said:
$34,075 for a non-metallic 2.0T, auto, moon, cold, premium package and premium sound. And here's the kicker - if I want the "to me, must be standard" 5-spoke 17" rims, I have to pay an additional $750.

I'm sorry, but even with the $2500 cash back, Saab is going to have a tough time selling these babies...
$34-35K also buys a nicely equipped 2008 MB C300 with V6 and 228hp. And without generic GM radio and climate controls... :(

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wulf said:
$34-35K also buys a nicely equipped 2008 MB C300 with V6 and 228hp. And without generic GM radio and climate controls... :(
Good point.

$7500 off is a great deal, but that seems to be for an Aero or 9-3 combi - I'm looking for a sedan.

Not to get off topic though - does anyone know if the price I was quoted is accurate?

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only way to see the gm supplier discount is to ask the dealer to show it to you. They don't post them on gmsupplier discount site.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
naples007 said:
The only way to see the gm supplier discount is to ask the dealer to show it to you. They don't post them on gmsupplier discount site.
The showed me the price. I just can't believe it's only $500 less. It should be more. I'm hoping a dealer can chime in here....

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Check out the prices at the site below and use these to negotiate with your dealer. It's possible Luxury Saab will move lower than these a certain degree.

www.luxurymotors.com

I don't work for luxury, have never bought from them or even been there, so I can't say when the final price will be.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is anyone buying the 08's or are they just sitting there and people are buying the 07's instead with all of the incentives. I praying someone has a 07 Aero Vert left in December for me!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tozion said:
GM supplier is $2500 less to the poster above ^^^
Please confirm how you came up with $2500? If that's true, then it's $2500 GM supplier AND $2500 cash back incentive!

That sounds too good to be true.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sort of off-topic, but what I was seeing is that the GM supplier discount is all but meaningless on the 07's.. ie. my dealer is selling at invoice anyway to Joe Q public.

Mike

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Warning: Thread Hijack!

Over the past couple of months I've been reading articles about the new C class, looking at the photos in Car & Driver, enjoying the fairly well-done commercials for them, and generally thinking that, 'hey, in a couple of years, that really might be my next car'. Price looks good, performance, etc. Then I saw one in person.
:cry:
Beauty is most certainly in the eye of the beholder. There's something about the lines of that car that are just totally wrong to me. I couldn't believe how out-of-proportion the car seemed. I can't put my finger on what it was exactly, but it just doesn't work for me. It really looked to me like a cross between the Hyundai Azera and a new Chrysler Sebring. Nothing at against Hyundai's, but I actually thought that's what it was at first. That's not what I want in a Mercedes. I guess I'm turning into a Saab guy. The '08 9-3 is goregous compared to the new C class, IMHO.

We now return you to your original thread topic....

The '08's are just now out. You're not going to get much of a discount on them while 07's are still on the lot. If you want an '08, wait 6 months.

Wulf said:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts