SaabCentral Forums banner

What should I know before buying a 2007 9-3 wagon

1158 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  AVguy
Hello all,

I have owned many Volvos over the years but I'm thinking of trying a 2007 9-3 wagon with the 2.0t. It has 70k miles and seems to be in perfect shape. Is there anything I need to know about this car before investing? Any gremlins? I typically do all of my own maint. and any repairs within reason. I also worked in a Saturn shop for many years prior to them shutting down, so I'm familiar with the GM parts on this car.

Thanks for any advice!!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
582 Posts
Make sure you get both keys...replacements are almost impossible to come by.
Check brakes for wear....some are likely to be close to replacement.
Check interior electrics, if it has HID Xenon lights then check the self leveling system when they are 1st turned on they do a sweep from low to normal height.
Check the headlight cornering system works,
Check the stereo is ok ..speakers etc can be a pain to sort..
Check the battery age...GM original ones aren't great and by now it will be at the end of its use.

All sounds like a lot but its common checks for almost any car these days.

· Registered
5,545 Posts
Get a cold compression check on the engine. 2007 2.0's "may" have an issue with the intake valves that first exhibit issues with cold start roughness. There are several threads about this issue. Seems to generally happen at 50-60K miles but you should get it checked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.