SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys have talked about changing the pulley with the serpentine belt when I call to order that pulley what is it called dont want to order the wrong one.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
How many miles on the car?

60k - at least the small idler pulley
120k - idler, center, and tensioner pulley

·
Registered
274 Posts
I know you guys have talked about changing the pulley with the serpentine belt when I call to order that pulley what is it called dont want to order the wrong one.
small idler pulley is easy to change so do that one,but make sure you have the right one , if its a 2000 model it should have a 16 mm hole in the center and have a dish shaped washer and the bolt with it when you get it , and when you take the old one off ,there is a shim (thin washer )behind it ,make sure you dont lose it:( mine dropped down and it took me ages to find it :roll:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm thinking about doing this, there's belt slipping sounds, lag and alternator whine or some whine when the a/c is on (no whine when on econ), might even do engine mounts to keep it more stable (apparently)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First oil change in the books

I hate the first oil change with a new car ...it is always the longest by a ton due to the fact its new terrritory....

Used Mobil one full Synthetic ...Got the Tough Guard Fram filter which I heard wix is the best but didnt have time to make it to a napa for a wix....

All in all it wasnt that bad to change had to drive it up on small wood blocks to get the jack under it though my grandfather has a huge jack and those ground effects give little clearence.

What kind of intervals or other information should I keep in mind....you guys use any additives like mystery oil or anything....

·
Registered
693 Posts
Since your going to Napa anyway; check out the NAPA Gold Oil Filter. It's also made be WIX with synthetic filter media...good price to. No additives in the oil for normal intervals, Which should be more frequent for higher mileage 3-5K miles. However-- a little Seafoam in the crankcase prior to an oil change sounds like a good thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts