SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I really wasn't in the market for a new car, but with the GM discounts out there I'm considering purchasing a Saab. My local dealership has a new 2005 9-5 Arc for $40,000. Edmunds list the TMV value at about $37,250, add the GM discount and it comes out to about $31,200. Does this sound about right?

Any comments on the 9-5 in general? I really don't know too much about them.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
With that sort of discount, i'd be tempted to buy an Aero..... 155mph executive express. :cheesy: As the fellas said, service her right and she will go for a long long time. Neglect the servicing and you will pay the price for it. :(

·
Registered
381 Posts
I am with ricot83. You can get amazing deals, and an extended warranty buying a used, certified SAAB. Probably a better deal if you don't buy a certified from SAAB... but the extended warranty is great.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think you will make out with the employee purchase plan. You will lose some depreciation ofcourse, but I don't think the lower price of the plan will effect depreciation since it is such a short time frame. I actually think it will level the playing field with Saab depreciation and other makes.

Dave

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I was at the dealership waiting for my car, I overheard a salesman tell a customer they could take 10k off the sticker price.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
PeterGibons said:
When I was at the dealership waiting for my car, I overheard a salesman tell a customer they could take 10k off the sticker price.:D
I've heard the same thing. My dad was quoted 10K of a year ago when look at an 9-5 Aero, but preferred to get an SUV

Also agree with purchasing certified if you are planning to keep the vehicle for a while, or put a number of miles on it. Since purchasing my '01 last year with 20K miles on it, (now has 55K) i've only had to pay for service and wear and tear items (brakes and tires), even though my car needed to replace DI CASSETTE, some leaky hoses, and some valve in order to pass emissions testing in NYS, which was all done for free b/c of 6 yr warranty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts