SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SAAB 9-3 Linear
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an aux input to bare cable, and im planning on soldering it in. my 9-3 is a linear that came with and icm1, and i have since swapped in an icm2. however, the factory wiring clip i have doesnt have the aux wires that i can splice into. that begs the question, what number pins are the correct one to tap into on the reciever?

·
Registered
2004 SAAB 9-3 Linear
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ohio.ng93 the aux in is plugged in to the ehu which is located behing the acc/mcc panel..

aux-in plug (771)f4c13d.jpg (1000×1443) (saabwisonline.com)
thanks for the quick response! as much as I hate to admit it, i have to. i have absolutely no idea what im looking at. im not very advanced when it comes to electronics so im really not familiar with this diagram. i think i know what connector the diagram is reffering to, the one behind and above the cd player, but in still bot really sure what specific pins to tap into.

·
Registered
2004 SAAB 9-3 Linear
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the quick response! as much as I hate to admit it, i have to. i have absolutely no idea what im looking at. im not very advanced when it comes to electronics so im really not familiar with this diagram. i think i know what connector the diagram is reffering to, the one behind and above the cd player, but in still bot really sure what specific pins to tap into.
after some thinking, i have a better idea. im going to get a factory aux pigtail from my local yard and im going to solder the bare ends of my aux input to the corresponding wires on the pigtail. i will post an update

·
Registered
2004 SAAB 9-3 Linear
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
after some thinking, i have a better idea. im going to get a factory aux pigtail from my local yard and im going to solder the bare ends of my aux input to the corresponding wires on the pigtail. i will post an update
another update. i finally got out to the yard, just for none of the saabs to have the aux input. so now im right back to square one and clueless lol.

·
Registered
2004 9-3 ARC Convertible
64 Posts
The wires for aux are not on the pigtail. They connect to pins on the back of the unit.

I think pins 3&4 are left and right- not sure which offhand and pin 10 is ground.

If you google saab aux pinout there should be many posts out there.

You can also buy something like this:
US $5.87 30%OFF | Biurlink Car Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 AUX Adapter For BMW Z4 E85 X3 E83 E39

You may have to move the pins around but it will give you bluetooth. There are others out there but I am fairly certain you need the Black plastic Connector to plug directly into the back of the unit. The red and black cables are power and ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts