SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 2004 9-3 2.0t linear. I want to upgrade the engine but not sure where to start. Looking to add some hp and acceleration. Interested in a performance chip. Anyone have ideas? thanks

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hey all, I have a 2004 9-3 2.0t linear. I want to upgrade the engine but not sure where to start. Looking to add some hp and acceleration. Interested in a performance chip. Anyone have ideas? thanks
You need to start with research. Asking about a performance chip is the first sign of lack of knowledge but lucky for you there is a lot of good stuff in the stickies. Do some research and get some more specific questions. Look into tunes (bsr, nordic, jzw, etc.), new dp, new exhaust, etc. if you want some more hp.

·
Registered
201 Posts
here we go again
Not the nicest way to great a new member! We were all new once and the whole idea of a forum is to answer questions and help out, even if they've been asked a hundred times before.

kenpro18:
Welcome to SaabCentral!

As Gs04aero says, it's important to do some research on the upgrade, there are plenty available.

I've only looked at a few myself, it's worth checking out some common upgrades and in particular the BSR PPC ECU tune.

Common upgrades

Link not available
BSR PPC ECU Tune

Link not available

(Looks like the forum is adamant on preventing me from linking you to the website I'm trying to use to help you.

Go to e-l-kparts dot com (remove the ‘-‘, this word seems to be blocked) and go to the Saab 9-3 SS (M03 on) section and view the performance tuning area. The BSR upgrade is listed under ECU upgrades)
You can increase from 175bhp to 204bhp with this updrade alone. Some people prefer other ECU tuning as mentioned above, so check them out as well.

For more info theres a very good read on the Perfomance Modification FAQ

Hope that helps start off some ideas

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Not the nicest way to great a new member! We were all new once and the whole idea of a forum is to answer questions and help out, even if they've been asked a hundred times before.

Agreed! ;)

Pointing to a previous answer is way more helpful than maoning about it even being asked!

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts

kenpro18: Welcome to SaabCentral!

As Gs04aero says, it's important to do some research on the upgrade, there are plenty available.

I've only looked at a few myself, it's worth checking out some common upgrades and in particular the BSR PPC ECU tune.

Common upgrades

http://www..com/saab-93-ss-m03/performance-tuning/index.76_160.html

BSR PPC ECU Tune

http://www..com/saab-93-ss-m03/perf...03-also-vauxhallopel-vectra-signum.p1233.html

You will need to add between the www. and com - don't understand why the forum won't let me create valid hyperlinks. (had this trouble once before, can't remember how to fix)

You can increase from 175bhp to 204bhp with this updrade alone. Some people prefer other ECU tuning as mentioned above, so check them out as well.

For more info theres a very good read on the Perfomance Modification FAQ

Hope that helps start off some ideas
you can't link to the type of moose site...:lol:

Welcome to SC..

we don't chip,we remap...there is a few out there bsr,vtuner maptun,nordic...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts

Welcome to the forum. There are a couple threads out on tunes. I have a couple threads on JZW tuning. There are some for BSR, and I think Nick has some on Nordic. I would try searching out those to start out with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts