SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i found a guy looking to part out his 92 vert. It's a turbo automatic, and mine's a N/A 5-speed. Body-wise, it's in pretty bad shape, but I think i can still salvage some stuff from it. Curious to hear what you all think I should try to get off of it (assuming it is in good condition).

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I've not owned a convertible but I'd grab all the convertible parts I could: motors, switches, the top itself. Do a search of convertible questions on here and you'll get a good sense of what fails.

Otherwise, interior bits, switches, glass, fuses/relays, headlights, grille, window trim, alternator, A/C equipment if you have A/C...there's lots! Build a spare parts inventory. Even consumables - bulbs, HT leads if they're fresh...fender trim if it's not broken...emblems...

:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Definitely grab the top rams and the electric motor. All three items will come out as a unit if you follow the Bentley. You might also consider taking the top frame as well if you are feeling adventurous and have somewhere to store it.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
In my 1988 I had to break down and buy a set of window switches off eBay to get them back in operation. Get those 'cause they're super easy.

Molded carpet sets for these is 100% never available again ever. Grab that if it's halfway passable.

If the cabin ventilation fan still works get the resistor stack for it. They are also no longer available.

The rear glass, especially if the defogger is intact, is a good thing to have. Keep the canvas strip attached if you can.

Interior panels (doors and rear sides) are unique to 'verts and could be useful. Again, condition should be your guide.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Definitely grab every relay you can find! Some of them cost $100+. Fuses... There are millions of them. Switches, all vert parts, tail light housings and circuit boards, basically anything you can take off the car that is serviceable. Turbo parts, APC and it's harness, cruise control module... Just disassemble the car and put it in large Tupperware containers and save it til I need something... :cheesy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts