SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What other ABS pumps fit '92 9000?

I've discovered I have a either a dodgy master cylinder or ABS pump on my '92 9000 turbo. Do any other cylinders/pumps fit the car or am I limited to a replacement specific to the 1992 model? Also, can the cylinder be "bench bled" like other master cylinders or must the entire system be bled after installation? Finally, what's the specific part number?

Please respond ASAP. I've ordered my Haynes manual but it ain't here yet and my brake pedal's hard as a rock.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay...I've GOTTA get my Haynes and Bentley manuals in before I do something REALLY stupid!

After doing a search for every brake and ABS thread I could access, I went out and checked the ABS pump fuse. Yup, it was blown. I replaced the fuse and the brakes came back. No master cylinder, no ABS pump and no giant parts bill! It does appear, however, that the previous owner disabled the ABS and TCS systems somehow (as it doesn't kick in with panic stops). But I couldn't care less! I'm well acquainted with non-ABS cars and from what I've read the TCS is just a PITA waiting to happen. I won't really be able to determine what he did (or had done) until I get the manuals telling me what the system's supposed to consist of.

In the meantime, I got brakes again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts