SaabCentral Forums banner

What mods should I do to gain power?

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Info@snailkit.com 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi! I'm new to saabs and "upgrading" cars in general. I have owned a 2002 SAAB 9-5 2.3t Wagon for a couple of months now. Its stock except for a E85 tune. (220hp with gas and about 230hp with E85) I'd like to add more power to it, but dont know what to start with. Looking to achieve something between 250-300. Dont have the budget to do it right now but asking for the future.

#2 ·
Hi fellow Finnish Saaber.
You should look at Maptun, Speedparts, Hirsch etc. They have packages.
You need injectors, 3" downpipe, IC and perhaps turbo. You DO NOT need "open air" or similar air filter.
Your Garrett GT17 will blow up sooner or later.

#8 ·
You need water/oil pipe set. Somebody used old pipes and changed seals and bolts only.
I highly recommend that you choose newer version ("short neck") of turbo and change "king Cobra" air hose also.

Remember that you have to change sw also.

#11 ·
Hi! I'm new to saabs and "upgrading" cars in general. I have owned a 2002 SAAB 9-5 2.3t Wagon for a couple of months now. Its stock except for a E85 tune. (220hp with gas and about 230hp with E85) I'd like to add more power to it, but don,t know what to start with. Looking to achieve something between 250-300. Don,t have the budget to do it right now but asking for the future.
All vehicles are de-tuned from the factory in three ways... Restricted air intake, Restricted exhaust, computer program.
With that in mind... Open your air intake and exhaust. Get a tune. (Get stage ll if you plan on doing those mods in the future). The easiest and least expensive thing to do is the intake. Taliaferro Imports has a high flow intake [FK95] (TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK) This removes the long restrictive air intake pipe, and the air box. You will then enjoy the sound of your turbo! Then... do a tune, or get an open flow muffler or cat back.
Taliaferro (Genuine Saab has lots of parts available for your 95. 9-5 99-09, GenuineSaab.com
Have Fun : )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.