SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SAAB 9-5 2002 Linear Wagon 2.3t
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi! I'm new to saabs and "upgrading" cars in general. I have owned a 2002 SAAB 9-5 2.3t Wagon for a couple of months now. Its stock except for a E85 tune. (220hp with gas and about 230hp with E85) I'd like to add more power to it, but dont know what to start with. Looking to achieve something between 250-300. Dont have the budget to do it right now but asking for the future.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Hi fellow Finnish Saaber.
You should look at Maptun, Speedparts, Hirsch etc. They have packages.
You need injectors, 3" downpipe, IC and perhaps turbo. You DO NOT need "open air" or similar air filter.
Your Garrett GT17 will blow up sooner or later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi fellow Finnish Saaber.
You should look at Maptun, Speedparts, Hirsch etc. They have packages.
You need injectors, 3" downpipe, IC and perhaps turbo. You DO NOT need "open air" or similar air filter.
Your Garrett GT17 will blow up sooner or later.
All right, I will take a look at those sites. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Td04 costs 595€ here in Finland. All Saab resellers can sell it to you (me included).
So its really not expensive. Doesn't replacing the gt17 with it require some adapters?

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
You need water/oil pipe set. Somebody used old pipes and changed seals and bolts only.
I highly recommend that you choose newer version ("short neck") of turbo and change "king Cobra" air hose also.

Remember that you have to change sw also.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need water/oil pipe set. Somebody used old pipes and changed seals and bolts only.
I highly recommend that you choose newer version ("short neck") of turbo and change "king Cobra" air hose also.

Remember that you have to change sw also.
Noted, and thanks a lot. Will dive more into this when I got the time and money for upgrading.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts