SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
I,m a little confused about what model my saab is,it was advertised as a Saab 9000 Griffin 2.3 turbo 1997 lpt but looking through the forums they say if the car has a turbo boost gauge as mine has it is an fpt not a lpt can anyone enlighten me on this please.
thanks, Dave:)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well, unless a previous owner replaced the instrument cluster.

If it's a LPT, the vin should read something like this: YS3CK65U7V1000001
A FPT would have an M instead of a U.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i thought mine was lpt until i realized i had the apc system, check if you have bpc valve and there is a vin decoder some where on one of the featured sites on here, if i find i will let u know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys many thanks for the info,will check the vin number,and I dont think its had a new instrument cluster because the car came with all the receipts of work done since new(all work done by the same garage) and a full service history and theres no mention of the cluster being replaced.

Again many thanks
Dave(new and very happy Saab owner):cheesy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
so from what i understand is that the fpt is 15 psi and lpt is 5psi. So if you buy a boost gauge and controller you can turn it up to 15psi and it will be the exact same?

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
brownboy1690 said:
so from what i understand is that the fpt is 15 psi and lpt is 5psi. So if you buy a boost gauge and controller you can turn it up to 15psi and it will be the exact same?
Well i think its 6 PSI, and 16 PSI... anyways...

No, the LPT computer will cut fuel at 11 PSI, considering it over boost. The FPT computer wont cut fuel till 21~22 PSI.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Correct me if i'm wrong, but do the LPT not have an intercooler as well? i just thought i had read about them not having one, which would make sense...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts