SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 2.0 turbo with a 5 spd, stage 3 nordic, a custom exhaust by me and a custom airbox by me. i get about 21 mpg city and 25 highway. what mods do you guys have done to your cars and what kind of mileage do you get?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
1999 auto 9-3 bone stock except for a MBC+A...I get 26-28 on average and once a couple weeks back got 29.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
My Viggen, with powerchips tuned ECU, MBC+A, and the Prime 150 18" wheels, gets 32 highway and 28 city.

Rogo

·
Registered
225 Posts
1997 900S, Non-turbo, Auto, 165k mi, 100% stock

I usually drive 420 miles with a full tank.
420 miles / 16 gallons = average 26.25mpg (90% highway drive)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Wow, impressive numbers. Last time (with CEL + broken o2 sensors) I checked I was getting about 16mpg total, with about 90% city driving. I replaced the O2 sensor and I think I fixed the CEL today, and after about an hour of very aggressive driving my SID showed 15.4. Hopefully I'll be able to get over 20mpg driving normally now...hopefully. :roll:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
City 8.5 - 9.7L/100km
Highway 5.5 - 6.4L/100km

Saab's are metric, so is USA believe it or not, but why are american's still using imperial units? "Three nations have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and the United States."

·
Registered
834 Posts
around town i get 10.5 to 11 litres every 100km
out on the highway can get as low as 6.9 litres every 100km

2002 9-3 Aero stock ECU, GS 3" DP, abbott racing 3" exhaust, forge i/c

·
Registered
94 Posts
Diosnoche said:
City 8.5 - 9.7L/100km
Highway 5.5 - 6.4L/100km

Saab's are metric, so is USA believe it or not, but why are american's still using imperial units? "Three nations have not officially adopted the International System of Units as their primary or sole system of measurement: Liberia, Myanmar and the United States."
USA are Stubbern bunch. Who care if it metric or imperial units. I can read both But I still like Gals and Temps as F vers C. Dose it matter gals or lt.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Steady 70mph on the motorway and I get 38mpg (uk mpg) not measured urban economy as I don't do much but on avarage I'm getting 350miles between fills ( 55L) which is about 75% motorway and the rest urban.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I get about 29 mpg bone stock (about 70% highway 30% city). I think I can get upwards of 32 with all highway driving.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Bone stock, and basically purley city driving and short distances I only get around 14mpg, maybe 15mpg if I coddle it. But for when I do take it on the highway, I get upwards of 30mpg.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Lesseee... according to the SID, at 55mph, straight and level road, no wind, abour 46 mpg. Easily over 35mph at 65mph.

Combined... about 27 to 31, weather depending.

·
Registered
719 Posts
94 900s 5sp, intake, exhaust port polish, hot coil, I average ~25-28mpg with mixed driving if I shift at 3G and am not playing. Straight highway on trips 35+. I have seen 600+ miles on a tank on trips filling up at just under a 1/4 tank... I even made it from here in Eastern PA to Indiana on a tank last year before having to fill (light still wasn't on).

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I have been getting around 31mpg on the interstate and 25 on the road but recently changed my plugs. I installed Autolite Platinums and my MPG shot down to 26mpg on the interstate and 17.5 around town.

I changed back to NGKs and it went bck up to 31/25

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so you guys run ngk iridium plugs? That's what I was going to get but the parts store didn't have them and I had to get bosch platinums

·
Registered
107 Posts
about 20 MPG on nearly all city driving; and when I get the chance I do use full boost often. :cheesy: Highway MPG for 400 miles was 28MPG at 80MPH

·
Registered
51 Posts
I get about 22 miles per gallon 70 percent highway and 30 percent backroads. I'm riding on 17" rims and bigger tires so I think that the MPG would go up 2mpg if I placed my stock 15" rims. Maybe I can get 1 more MPG by installing a K&N air filter. My figures seems low, as a few fellow saabers here are getting up to 32MPG with my same model and year of car. I'm cruising on the highway at about 75MPH too and the SID is right on... hmmmm :confused: Maybe it's time for me to change my spark plugs

·
Registered
27 Posts
KSpark said:
my SID showed 15.4.

I'm a little late on this but FYI - you can't go by what the SID says for much.
My temp is usually off by 3 degrees, my average speed seems rediculously low (around 15mph when I'm going 40-60mph the whole trip to work and back).
the gas mileage it gives me is 28mpg but i've never gotten over 26 (i still manually calculate it at the pump).

anyone else run into this?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts