SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF said:
just wanted to get an idea of what kinda gas mileage the 9-2x has
I've been getting around 23-24 mpg. That's on a 5 speed Aero with 17" wheels and a fair amount of AC usage.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rjc1976 said:
I've been getting around 23-24 mpg. That's on a 5 speed Aero with 17" wheels and a fair amount of AC usage.
thats pretty high isnt it? my friend has a wrx and he gets under 20...

and just to specify, im only interested in the 5 speed aero

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used to get about the same in my WRX Wagon, so I guess it must just be my driving style/speed or something. The lowest I ever got was about 20-21 MPG, and that tank saw a decent amount of runs up to 7k rpms.

·
Registered
79 Posts
SpAcEmAn SpLiFF said:
just wanted to get an idea of what kinda gas mileage the 9-2x has
With the 16 inch rims I have been getting around 23mpg mixed city/highway and that with a lot of time spent sitting in traffic.

Rudi

·
Registered
24 Posts
rdy4flt said:
With the 16 inch rims I have been getting around 23mpg mixed city/highway and that with a lot of time spent sitting in traffic.

Rudi

After 4700 miles, 16" rims, 55% highway, 23.5-24.5 average using premium unleaded. also, try to shift 3000-3500 never over 4000. Runs great, pass whoever I need to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the first few tanks during breakin, 23-24.5MPG. Shifting at 3.5k-ish, cruising around 2k-2.5k. This just didn't seem quite right in the car, so I gave up on driving like a grandma and started shifting at 4-4.5k, cruising at 2.5k-3k. Keep it in third at 3.5k on winding back roads. Next tank, to my surprise, 26.7 MPG on exactly the same roads, with identical use of AC. Half backroad/city plus half highway. Maybe this engine is more efficient at higher engine speeds? Anybody else notice this? This is only my first tank post-breakin, so hopefully its not just a fluke. :cheesy:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm getting a bit lower than the average it seems - roughly 21-23mpg, though I've only measuerd once post-breakin. I keep meaning to try again, but I fill up on gas every time I pass a cheap station, thus messing up my calculations!

·
Registered
38 Posts
good gas mileage

I'm getting 28 on two 335 mile trips with climate control on. Low 20's around town. But I havent' even hit 5000 rpms yet. No need to with the Aero.
17 " wheels/tire package.

·
Registered
35 Posts
similar

jon_s said:
For the first few tanks during breakin, 23-24.5MPG. Shifting at 3.5k-ish, cruising around 2k-2.5k. This just didn't seem quite right in the car, so I gave up on driving like a grandma and started shifting at 4-4.5k, cruising at 2.5k-3k. Keep it in third at 3.5k on winding back roads. Next tank, to my surprise, 26.7 MPG on exactly the same roads, with identical use of AC. Half backroad/city plus half highway. Maybe this engine is more efficient at higher engine speeds? Anybody else notice this? This is only my first tank post-breakin, so hopefully its not just a fluke. :cheesy:
After 2K miles on the 92x I've begun to regularly shift at ~3.5-4K RPM. On mostly long drives I've seen almost 350 miles/tank getting 27.6 MPG. Normal everyday driving ~24-25 MPG...

With air on I swear I can almost watch the gas needle drop!

kutch

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,... don't be jealous guys, but I just got 29.9 gallons:cheesy: on my road trip, all highway, at an average of 3k rpm's(I think). That was only one of my tanks though, otherwise averaged around 27.5;)

ps. that was with LOTS of AC and mostly cruise control.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts