SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at new cars right now and the Saab 9-2X is on the top of my list with the great deal you can get right now from GM.

GM says you can get it for $16.8k

anyone able to work any better deal than that?

The price as it sits already sounds like a great deal but just seeing if you really work at it, if you can get a better deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Big Luke, I'm in the same boat -- looking at an Aero 5-sp. $19,425 just seems too good to be true...

PS Hello everyone, great forum you have here :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd love to hear about any deals people have actually gotten with this promotion.

I'm planning on hitting some local dealers this weekend to see what they have in the way of 9-2x aeros but I have a hard time believing that my local dealers would let one go for so little.

·
Registered
13 Posts
joe52 said:
I'd love to hear about any deals people have actually gotten with this promotion.

I'm planning on hitting some local dealers this weekend to see what they have in the way of 9-2x aeros but I have a hard time believing that my local dealers would let one go for so little.
I picked mine up in April for 20k out the door. This was with my personal GM discount. The local dealer had no problem selling them for that much. I don't think you'll have any problem getting one now for around the same price. Most dealers are itchin to free up inventory space for more cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I signed all my papers yesterday and it ended up being almost $8000 off for the Aero.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got it two days ago. It is a manual aero with only the cold weather package. It was 19,600 + tax and fees. It came out to about $21k out the door.

I was looking at used WRX wagons but said wtf and got the new aero.

I wish you could get options individually without the packages. I may have gotten a sunroof then. oh well... I ended up with teh cold weather package because the dealer wanted to get rid of this one and only charged me $200 for the package (normally $600).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys, does the dealer lose anything for these incentives or GM pricing? Or do they get reimbursed for the money these offers discount? I bought on on the last day of last month, but had to order it and am trying to find out if I will be able to ask for the lower price this month when I go to pick it up... I purchased a black 5spd Aero with cold and a ss with momo knob and installation for $20721, but now I'm not feeling like I did as good as I could have:cry:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh:x don't want to feel like this about my brand new car

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you already pay for the car or sign the financial papers? If so, I doubt they're going to pay you back the difference. I am somewhat in the same boat as you - bought my 9-2x aero (5spd, cold, premium) at the end of may, just before this Employee Discount stuff hit. I got it for 21k before tax, title, license. Probably could have saved at least another grand had a waited, but oh well. Don't feel bad, you still got a $30,000 car for the price of a civic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Loburon, the dealers get reimbursed for what is acceptable selling price. Usually invoice plus a couple hundred. They do this when the real employees buy from the dealers too (before and after this promotion).

I have a blue linear coming from the port that cost $16,821 plus the cold weather package (apparently it is popular), so I will be out the door for under $18K.

First post, and nobody flame me because I didn't buy the Aero ;oops:. Right now I needed to save money on the car, the insurance, and gas. And one day I can put an STi motor in it (pipe dream).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I signed something but I think it was an order form, because the final numbers aren't on it, just the $1000 I had to put down so they could see I was serious, even though that wasn't supposed to be cashed and was. I am supposed to take delivery this Tues., I'll keep you guys posted and let you know what they did. I just wanted to know about if they lose anythingthing so I could use that to my advantage when trying to negotiate with them.

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
22.3k with winter and sport for a 5-speed in satin grey.

TTL is on final negotiate price. If they use MSRP, they are stealing from you;oops:

Putting down money for tax (5% in MA) and a trade of 2300, I am getting it out the door for under 20k

None available in Northeast with 5-speed and all options. I gave up the leather.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Newbie here, we also settling for a Linear here, and with an auto trans. since this car is for my wife. Our budget for a new car pretty much is limited to the 19K max OTD price, we were settling earlier for a Mazda3 Hatchback before seeing this deal...

qcomdrj said:
I have a blue linear coming from the port that cost $16,821 plus the cold weather package (apparently it is popular), so I will be out the door for under $18K.
I keep seeing great numbers like these on all the auto forums, but does anyone have more official document with the numbers? I am hoping to bring those in to the dealer when we negotiate. Haven't even test drive one yet, but we did came by the dealorship on sunday and saw a demo with exact the same specs we want (Linear, Auto, silver, no other packages) with about 560 miles. Hopefully we can even bargain some more, how much can I expect to chop off for that amount of mileage??

Will have to wait until tomorrow to test drive, wifey has the car tonight for her night classes...:roll: Hopefully my car pooling/bus riding days are coming to an end! :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
capncrunch5177 said:
I keep seeing great numbers like these on all the auto forums, but does anyone have more official document with the numbers? I am hoping to bring those in to the dealer when we negotiate. Haven't even test drive one yet, but we did came by the dealorship on sunday and saw a demo with exact the same specs we want (Linear, Auto, silver, no other packages) with about 560 miles. Hopefully we can even bargain some more, how much can I expect to chop off for that amount of mileage??
With the GM employee price, there is no negotiation. Once you walk in the door, they should/will pull a copy of the actual invoice of the car. At the bottom of the invoice is the supplier price and the employee price. The price you pay right now is the employee price. No more, no less. Think Saturn style. The only place you have for negotiation is in the trade in and financing dept.

Although I haven't bought at the employee price before, I have gone the supplier route several times. It makes things fast, easy, and painless on the cost of the car. However, it makes things difficult on the trade/finance side since they already know the cost of the car up front. That's when your local credit union and Carmax come in handy.

Good luck!

edit: As for the demo part, with prices being fixed at employee pricing there is no benefit to going the demo route. Unless they can't find the car you want at port, get a new one!

·
Registered
8 Posts
capncrunch5177 said:
I keep seeing great numbers like these on all the auto forums, but does anyone have more official document with the numbers? I am hoping to bring those in to the dealer when we negotiate.
Here is the price you will get:
http://www.gm.com/employeediscount.do?brandId=ld&pvcId=50250&make=Saab&modelsubmodel=9-2X&typestyle=Linear&submit=Submit

The only thing you might be able to negotiate on are the options if the car is on their lot and they want to get rid of it. good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for all the tips. It would be great if I don't have to negotiate, save some headache if all the numbers match. I am working with my credit union or online loans for my financing, still working on it.

Here is what I found from another forum:

The new Saab 92x has great pricing: GM Employee price - rebates. This new pricing started June 1, 2005 and is good through July 5, 2005
Base Aero GM employee price -------------------> $19,425 (including $6000 rebate)
Sport package GM employee price -------------> $1,716
Premium package GM employee price --------> $1,492
Cold package GM employee price --------------> $528
Automatic GM employee price -------------------> $1,188
Base Linear GM employee pricing -------------> $16,821 (including $5000 rebate)
Automatic GM employee price -------------------> $1,188
Moonroof GM employee price -------------------->$1,056
Cold package GM employee price -------------> $528
Premium package GM employee price ------->$2,196
Pick and choose the packages you want and add them to the base price to get a total price.
https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/pdf/Saab_Program_Pricing_2005.pdf

·
Registered
5 Posts
Man, I paid 25K OTD for mine, but 9 months ago. At that time it was the same price as a new WRX so I went for it. I guess I could've driven my beater car for another few months, but I still think I got a good deal at the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Linear pricing

My Linear price was exactly as the GM Employee list and current incentives would calculate.

0'5 Linear, Auto, Moonroof, Cloth, Cold Pkg, = 19593.

I got a slightly better trade than I expected, so it was a no brainer for me.

I tried to spec out a "comparable" Subaru Impreza 2.5 Wagon, which came to 19,900, and didn't include the Moonroof, heated seats, warranty, not to mention extra sound insulation and other differences.

Don't be greedy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is also what takes out 60-70% of the car buying effort, no need to get invoice price, bargain, and more bargain until you get price that you finally settle with.

I just got my wife a red linear this saturday! If I have some more money and ready to trade in my VW Passat, I would get a silver Aero as well. I love this car so much that I wouldn't mind having two! :cheesy:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts