SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2003 9-3 linear with the 7 speaker system and the door speakers just played static as if they were blown so the first thing I did was change them out.

That did not solve the problem. so I figured the amp was bad. I got an amp from a shop and put it in... got the exact same problem still.

Now I'm lost because I don't know if it could be bad wiring somewhere, or if its from the head unit. I would like to check if it IS the wiring, but I don't know where to even start; I can't even find where the harness goes once it leaves the amp and I can't imagine that both L and R lines would be bad unless they both got pinched and broke somewhere along the way.

As I mentioned, I've also been wondering if changing the head unit would fix this problem too but I'm not sure which one to check. Do I check the one with the display, or is the signal coming from the box attached above the CD changer? There is just so many different parts to this system it's ridiculous and so frustrating now, I just want to get some type of bass back in this system!!!

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue yet? I've seen a lot of threads on upgrading the system and I can see that this audio system's problems has been an ongoing issue with everybody. I don't mean to be redundant but I just haven't found anything listing this specific issue and I'm hoping someone on here might have seen something similar and could shed some light on it.

thanks guys!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts