SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious what is actually modifiable via the HPTuners software. I know it provides data logging and code reading which seems very useful. I have not found a clear list of what it can change on our cars. And in this case I am referring to my 2008 9-3 Aero XWD with the ME9.6 ECU.

Does anyone have any writeups on what you have used HPTuner for? Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
No idea, but hp tuners has a forum. Maybe take some time and read through some threads over there?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I am curious what is actually modifiable via the HPTuners software. I know it provides data logging and code reading which seems very useful. I have not found a clear list of what it can change on our cars. And in this case I am referring to my 2008 9-3 Aero XWD with the ME9.6 ECU.

within some internal limiters, you are capable to change the spark map and all of its associated modifiers such as knock retard and different spark tables for low and high cam timing, fueling, torque limits, both for transmission and for the actual calculations that the engine uses to make power, maximum air load which controls boost, turning on and off codes and many other things. it wont touch the automatic transmission though, so if you have one and want to tune it you're SOL.

HPTuners.com has a great forum, but not much help in the way of the Saab.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts

While you're talking about the Bosch ME 9. ECU, what were the significant changes to the ECU over the years since the 9.1 in the '06 MY? Is is the 9.6 version that has been run in '08 and '09?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
While you're talking about the Bosch ME 9. ECU, what were the significant changes to the ECU over the years since the 9.1 in the '06 MY? Is is the 9.6 version that has been run in '08 and '09?
all 9-3 b284 motors use bosch ME 9.6

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
all 9-3 b284 motors use bosch ME 9.6
I'm quite sure the '06 was 9.1 or 9.2 then in '07 or '08 it went to a 9.4 I thought and now the 9.6.

So what is the difference in them, if any?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm quite sure the '06 was 9.1 or 9.2 then in '07 or '08 it went to a 9.4 I thought and now the 9.6.

So what is the difference in them, if any?
probably just updated part numbers. but i'm sure i'm running a ME9.6 in my car.

·
Registered
205 Posts
within some internal limiters, you are capable to change the spark map and all of its associated modifiers such as knock retard and different spark tables for low and high cam timing, fueling, torque limits, both for transmission and for the actual calculations that the engine uses to make power, maximum air load which controls boost, turning on and off codes and many other things. it wont touch the automatic transmission though, so if you have one and want to tune it you're SOL.

HPTuners.com has a great forum, but not much help in the way of the Saab.

Agreed that hptuners forum has a lot of info but not a whole lot in terms of our saabs. I am beginning to tune my turbo x and have done a bunch of data logging with it and not too much changes so far. Titan pretty much summed it up with what you can change. I have talked to JZW and John said when he tunes that theres settings he changes that hptuners cannot. What those are , idk. IF youre someone like me who wants to tune yourself dont waste your time getting the standard version. I did THEN found out i have to have pro to log my wideband. With a 289 dollar upgrade charge its easier to just cough up the extra dough at the beginning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts