SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i pulled my driver's seat out today to take a look and see if i could see what was up with the heaters, and looking at the wiring under the seat i found a couple of the wires were somehow cut apart, but that was just for the forward and backward tilt of the seat. under the carpet however i found this. the wire has a core than a plastic cover then it's wrapped with another woven wire and then a black plastic covering. the end if it has a piece of shrink tubing but it isn't connected to anything and i can't seem to find what it's supposed to be connected to.

and the end of this wire is not connected to anything. what is this box under the seat? and any idea where that wire goes?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Those unconnected leads may be alien to this car, perhaps. Do you think anyone has fooled with the wiring in the past - a previous owner ??

The control box under the left side seat is the TWICE (theft warning integrated central electronics).

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, actually i know the previous owner did a few things to the car but i don't know if he messed with the stuff under the carpet. although somebody did, that wire comes out of the connector that goes to that box though. and my alarm all works fine. maybe i should just leave it alone.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Plugging that Saab part number into EPC comes up as:

45 88 190 = Electronic Unit - Anti-Theft Alarm Control Module w/VSS

Looks to me that the wire coming out may actually be the ariel or antenna for the remote keyless keyfob thing.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so then it's definitely not a ground. and i should probably make sure that it doesn't ground out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts