SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still trying to figure out what this switch is for in my '90 900 conv. It sits centered behind (towards rear seats) the four window control switches. Simply says on and off. I thought maybe it was a window lock, but no.

Perhaps the fold-out wings? I mean why not, saab made airplanes...but no. (dangit):p

no wet bar pops up, no swedish sexy model magically appears, no laser light show...no nothing.

So what's it supposed to be there for?

·
Registered
110 Posts
on my MY07 9-3 convertable - that locks/unlocks the rear windows (changes from green to orange is the only indication), but i also read in the manual that this switch can also be used to override the window detection system, Pinch protection, activated if something is between window and doorframe

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
it could be a 2nd hand replacement switch unit (of a 4dr)that stops the back windows being operated by seperate switches on the door card, to stop kids playing with them, as we have 2 verts and neither has the on off switch as there is no need as there are no seperate rear window switches, but on the four door i have the switch knocks out the back window operation

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
I think there's sometimes a switch there that turns on/off the shock sensor for the factory alarm.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
If you're talking about the switch farthest back that faces side to side instead of front to back it would be for the door locks.

At least that's what it is in my 1992

·
Registered
239 Posts
That switch controls the door locks on my 92 vert...I think the owners manual says it also controls the alarm...but I'm pretty sure mine doesn't work

·
Registered
424 Posts
It works the door and trunk locks on our 94 vert. It, too, has the factory alarm that presume does not work. I would have set it off by now if it did....

·
Registered
165 Posts
On my T8 it controls the rear electric window swithces in the rear doors, if it's turned off the windows work only from the front panel.

On my old 900 Aero it was connected to a red blinking alarm-look-a-like -led. In this point of cars life it can be controlled to almost anything by previous owners. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts